• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AnikiCon Cancelled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosbladeuk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:10 am Reply with quote
That is quite sad that animefandom in Germany isn't as big as North America. Hopefully conventions won't get cancelled due to lack on interest in future.
10円

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:38 am Reply with quote
chaosbladeuk wrote:
That is quite sad that animefandom in Germany isn't as big as North America. Hopefully conventions won't get cancelled due to lack on interest in future.

They sometimes get canceled over here in North America as well. I can still remember when anime fandom was almost unknown to both consumer America and corporate America. In fact it wasn't even that long ago. Germany is a great place regardless; you may not have much in the way of anime fandom but I'd still gladly trade my home for a house in Munich.
Rishu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quote
You should consider that Germany has not as much inhabitants as North America has. Besides it was the first time the Anikicon was planned...
We already have popular conventions like the Animagic and Connichi so I think there wasn't much interest because most of the people want to visit the other conventions.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:52 am Reply with quote
Sorry to hear about this, I was impressed with their moxie. I heard about this event from a friend and was considering going, really my lack of ANY ability to speak German was the only real hurdle. Oh well, I hope all the Europeans enjoy whatever else that have ahead.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1