• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Certain Scientific Railgun T Anime's Episode 14 Delayed Due to COVID-19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wjbraden

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:05 pm Reply with quote
They really should just put the whole thing on hold at this point.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:05 pm Reply with quote
As long as they're safe and it keeps them employed, hopefully they're able to continue on with this at their own pace. Given how many different people are usually on these production committees, there's probably a reason why they keep trying their best to continue on with the show.

Either way, I hope they stay safe - if they need to ultimately delay the show and come back to it when things get a little better, I'd understand too.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind getting an episode every 2 weeks if the staff are safe doing it
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

I was fine with that until episode 13 which had a giant section eaten up by a totally unnecessary recap section in the middle of the climax. They should really just put it on hold until summer.
Kaysuami

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:09 am Reply with quote
Well this is certainly expected since the ongoing crisis in Japan. At this point, I don't know if this season might pushed back to Summer or Fall.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:19 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
I was fine with that until episode 13 which had a giant section eaten up by a totally unnecessary recap section in the middle of the climax. They should really just put it on hold until summer.

We can't really know if that was because of Covid, though. It makes sense to think so, since it would give the episode less new footage to make, but Arai had to voice all of that with new lines. It was clearly not a last-minute decision, might've been something that was planned from the start.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:36 am Reply with quote
Considering how sporadic new episodes are coming out due to these circumstances, that recap in the beginning was unintentionally helpful for me.
NickPG

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:31 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

Wouldn't Ep13 have been the start of the second cour after a short break under normal circumstances, hence the recapping.
SlamMan

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:42 am Reply with quote
My guess is that they are trying to finish up the current story arc. I won't be surprised if they go on indefinite hiatus after the next episode as that should finish this arc (basing this on how the last episode ended, I don't know the story from the novels). I noticed that there were lots of long soliloquies in episode 13 and I won't be surprised if we see that in episode 14. Maybe they brought the VAs in carefully one at a time. An episode with back and forth conversations would be much more difficult to do.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:24 pm Reply with quote
^ They've already announced the next arc will happen and its OP.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:26 am Reply with quote
NickG wrote:
Wouldn't Ep13 have been the start of the second cour after a short break under normal circumstances, hence the recapping.

I'm pretty sure neither of the other seasons did that. In fact, for any series this doesn't seem normal. Sure, the "Last time on Dragon Ball Z" thing happens in a lot of anime, but that is pretty short. Having a full episode recap happens a lot too, but using 1/4 of an episode during your climax as a recap?
ImdTyger

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:32 pm Reply with quote
i agree they should postpone the show until... summer or fall. i'm not the patient type and am a big fan of this series; it just grinds on my nerves when i go to check out the new ep and it's not there
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1