• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha Anime Gets Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon TV Spinoff This Fall

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cchigu

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Poggers.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:39 pm Reply with quote
BUT WHO IS THE MOTHER!

that's all I want to know.
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:48 pm Reply with quote
if it's Rin, that means Sesshomaru is a pedophile and it would be really creepy to see those ships people still cast out anyway become real
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:53 pm Reply with quote
This is a dream come true!! So many years in waiting! Just need to see Sesshoumaru beating up demons and I'll be content. Original staff involved?! thank you!! Hopefully they have an amazing set of OP/ED like the original did. This definitely sounds like a TV series

cookiemanstah wrote:
if it's Rin, that means Sesshomaru is a pedophile and it would be really creepy to see those ships people still cast out anyway become real

No it does not mean that. Sesshoumaru is 900+ years old. The end of the original series spoiler[she left his side for over 10+ years at the least so she's definitely an adult by the time they get together, IF they do.] no problem
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:53 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:

That was actually my go-to first guess, but I'd assume she would of been an adult, without knowing the time frame, which wouldn't making it pedophilia, though maybe still a little unsettling considering the relationship came off like family.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely excited for this, especially with every main character being female.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I should have imagined this would happen after Inuyasha placed first in that NHK Rumiko Takahashi mega-poll, which showed its popularity is much more enduring than people thought. I'll check this sequel out, even though I think Inuyasha had a perfectly satisfying ending.

Last edited by Zhou-BR on Fri May 08, 2020 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morry

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:59 pm Reply with quote
No obvious male lead. Wow. If it's still got a good action bent, I'm all for it.
Calico

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:00 pm Reply with quote
I got really, really tired of Inuyasha the further I got into it and never finished it by the end, but this looks interesting. Partially because I really like Towa's design and partially because a female-focused family demon-slaying series sounds fun.
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

No it does not mean that. Sesshoumaru is 900+ years old. The end of the original series spoiler[she left his side for over 10+ years at the least so she's definitely an adult by the time they get together, IF they do.] no problem

well he's known her since she was a kid and like you said, is over 900+ years old.

It's really obviously going to be the case but people that claim it's not creepy make me wonder if they think a certain other initially heartwarming animanga about a mopey adult guy coming to raise orphaned castoff wasn't *creepy as hell* later

but this is probably a whatever nitpick in the eyes of most people
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:11 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

well he's known her since she was a kid and like you said, is over 900+ years old.

It's really obviously going to be the case but people that claim it's not creepy make me wonder if they think a certain other initially heartwarming animanga about a mopey adult guy coming to raise orphaned castoff wasn't *creepy as hell* later

but this is probably a whatever nitpick in the eyes of most people

There's a big difference in the plot. Inspoiler[ InuYasha Sesshoumaru took care of Rin for like 2 years then she lived on her own for ...well we don't know because the story ended but at least 10+ years. He didn't raise her. He simply protected her for awhile. In Usagi Drop, which is what I assume you're talking about, the "dad" literally raised the "Daughter" for basically her entire life.] That's completely different.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Honestly this didn't catch my attention at first cause I'm finding the whole spawn of MC spin-off kinda dull but wow all the kids are female. That's rare.

Okay I'm interested.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
I should have imagined this would happen after Inuyasha placed first in that NHK Rumiko Takahashi mega-poll, which showed its popularity is much more enduring than people thought. I'll check this sequel out, even though I think Inuyasha had a perfectly satisfying ending.

Ya, I feel like that poll might've been to done to like double-check to see if this was a good idea lol. Obviously something like this must've been planned before the poll but checking fan love is still a good idea
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:33 pm Reply with quote
It says the twins are half demon, so I'm on the whole Rin/Sesshomaru bandwagon now too. But I think Sesshomaru would've waited for Rin to grow up by their era's standards...back then, girls at least 16 or older could wed. And he is a noble lord, so I'd think she'd be the one he mates.
RenRen94

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Yo, I am so excited for this! I actually thought Towa was a boy due to her very similar appearance to Tsubasa Jumonji from Takahashi's Rinne series (it's the necktie and the hair that confused me), but it's pretty dope that the new generation is female.

Moroha looks adorable as hell, I want to see what her dynamic with Inuyasha and Kagome is like. I can see Kagome being the strict but fair parent, but is Inuyasha a dotting worrywart of a father? Does he spar with her? She probably also learnt archery from Kagome, seeing as she's carrying both a sword and a bow and arrows. Hopefully there's some interaction with Miroku and Sango's children down the line, especially if Setsuna is working with Kohaku.

Man, we all want to know who hooked up with Sesshomaru...

Also, $5 says Koga and Ayame have a boy who becomes infatuated with Moroha. Let's go Rumiko Takahashi, prove me wrong! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6