• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Kandagawa Jet Girls

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:39 am Reply with quote
As someone who returned the game to Steam (got it on PC) and is currently awaiting a refund (it's definitely not worth $50+ at all), I concur and can confirm everything about this game (and not even the autoaiming shooting controls worked very well for me, I had to trigger it to the mouse in order to switch properly) although I never made it to a minigame.

It has great graphics and it was fun customizing some of the girls, but it needed better usage of AI (make it so they're not too easy in story mode and not too hard in free play mode) and balance, an actual online mode, you don't even "blow your opponents back onto dry land!" like what the promo says, at least maybe have it so you get knocked off your jetski or something instead of spinning around with breaking shields.

Maybe if it was more of a collection of other summer competitive stuff to do (swimming, beach volleyball, water polo, surfing, the works) besides the whole jetskiing thing, being similar in vein to Mario Party, maybe even done a cross over over with the Senran Kagura cast since they included Ryōna (whose eyes creep me out) and Ryōbi with the game and included the rest as DLC, it would have worked better, probably drawn more fans in, with this game, it's clear they used the idea of customizing girls in swimsuits as the selling point over how the gameplay turns out to be.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:25 pm Reply with quote
^ In the interest of fairness though the gameplay of Senran Kagura games in particular Peach Beach Splash aren't anything to write home about so it's not surprising this game suffers from a similar problem where more focus was put somewhere else rather than on making the gameplay strong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1