• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hina Change, The Sign of Abyss Manga End on Shonen Jump+, Manga Plus

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:03 am Reply with quote
I remember reading the first one or two chapters of Hina Change and NOPE'D right out of there. Surprised it was a part of shounen jump+, not surprised it got axed.
GetterRin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:11 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
I remember reading the first one or two chapters of Hina Change and NOPE'D right out of there. Surprised it was a part of shounen jump+, not surprised it got axed.

Maybe it was axed, but things have been wrapping up for a while now, so it wasn't really sudden or feel that rushed(maybe needed 2-3 more chapters). Really nice and positive message though.
Suxinn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:40 am Reply with quote
GetterRin wrote:
Maybe it was axed, but things have been wrapping up for a while now, so it wasn't really sudden or feel that rushed(maybe needed 2-3 more chapters). Really nice and positive message though.

If you don't mind, could you spoil a bit of what happens? I read a few chapters of it, but I wasn't sure if I'd like where it was going, so I stopped reading. This definitely felt like one of those series that needed to be executed well to be bearable, and I wasn't willing to take the risk back then.

I do really like Sign of the Abyss though, and I wish it'd gotten a few more chapters to let the characters breathe a bit more, but at least it was a nice little series while it lasted.
kgw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:05 am Reply with quote
Suxinn wrote:
GetterRin wrote:

If you don't mind, could you spoil a bit of what happens? I read a few chapters of it, but I wasn't sure if I'd like where it was going, so I stopped reading. This definitely felt like one of those series that needed to be executed well to be bearable, and I wasn't willing to take the risk back then.

I do really like Sign of the Abyss though, and I wish it'd gotten a few more chapters to let the characters breathe a bit more, but at least it was a nice little series while it lasted.

Hina Change: spoiler[Hina swapped bodies with Ren so he could date the boy he liked (Makoto), Hina tried to run away in Ren's body until she(he) to make him happy, but Ren's managed to caught her before something dreadful happened.
Then they tried to date, but they both had to admit it wouldn't work. Ren and Hina split, they stopped using the swapping power & explained what happened to Makoto. Hina managed to get over Ren and start living on her own...
So, as some reader say, finally Hina Changed]

It felt a bit rushed, because some factors remain unexplained about Hina-Ren's power, some characters...spoiler[(for example, the nurse Hina slept with when she was in Ren's body]) But then again, the author choose to explain Ren's behaviour with a quite long flashback.

As for Sign of the Abyss, it seemed a real ending, as they spend a lot of chapters with explanations on how the magic worked towards the final battle and climax. I have to say it remembered a late 80-early 90 shojo manga...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1