• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Inuyasha TV Anime, 4 Films to Catalog

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albion Hero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Why can't any of these services get more than the first 54 episodes? I want to watch it but I'm not gonna watch 1/3rd of a series then quit.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I'm mis-reading something, but the article says "All episodes are streaming on Hulu," - unless by services you mean Funy, Crunchy, and other anime centric outfits. I mean, I don't get Hulu or HBO Max myself, either.

Besides that, for my two bits, the plot in the rest of the 100-plus other eps spoiler[doesn't advance a whole lot]. The show was kind of too popular for it's own good, if that makes sense. Your mileage will very, but I watched the whole thing back in the 00's, and I was not impressed. I was taping all of Adult Swim every week for lack of anything else to watch, and when I got bored enough, I'd eventually watch the Inyu ep. Otherwise I would not ever have seen it.

One of the movies was a bit better, as best as I can remember. I wouldn't mind seeing that again.
anime-prime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Nom De Plume De Fanboy wrote:
Maybe I'm mis-reading something, but the article says "All episodes are streaming on Hulu," - unless by services you mean Funy, Crunchy, and other anime centric outfits. I mean, I don't get Hulu or HBO Max myself, either.

Besides that, for my two bits, the plot in the rest of the 100-plus other eps spoiler[doesn't advance a whole lot]. The show was kind of too popular for it's own good, if that makes sense. Your mileage will very, but I watched the whole thing back in the 00's, and I was not impressed. I was taping all of Adult Swim every week for lack of anything else to watch, and when I got bored enough, I'd eventually watch the Inyu ep. Otherwise I would not ever have seen it.

One of the movies was a bit better, as best as I can remember. I wouldn't mind seeing that again.

I am not sure if you are aware, as many people surprisingly aren't, that the original show had a sequel called Inuyasha: The Final Act, which spoiler[finished the story-line that the original series didn't get to. So while the original series might have dragged the plot around aimlessly, the sequel is a rush (sometimes too rushed) of development. Maybe you knew that already and I didn't understand your post fully.][/spoiler]
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Inuyasha is probably one of my favorite anime series. But, seeing as how I own it all on Bluray... this doesn't particularly interest me :3
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Will this stream use the new Viz BD masters that have the correct theme songs on them or will it have the instrumental music like all the other streaming platforms that have Inuyasha do?
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm Reply with quote
^anime-prime: thanks, but yes, I've seen that. It did improve things by providing an ending, which was good for my two bits.

It is too bad that Funy doesn't have that yet. I hope they get it, that would help.

Maybe I was too down on the show. I did like it quite a bit at first, but after the first three seasons, I kinda lost interest.

Last edited by Nom De Plume De Fanboy on Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Good. It needs more exposure, especially with a sequel forthcoming.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
Good. It needs more exposure, especially with a sequel forthcoming.

More exposure for whom?

Considering how frequently the original series used to air on TV.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:41 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
More exposure for whom?

Considering how frequently the original series used to air on TV.

That was over a decade and a half ago that Inuyasha was last aired on Adult Swim. There's a whole generation of newer younger anime fans that have never seen Inuyasha or probably have never heard of Rumiko Takahashi.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:34 am Reply with quote
First Hunter x Hunter (2011), then Naruto and now Inuyasha.

I think this is a sign that Viz Media is slowly moving away from licensing Anime.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:19 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:

That was over a decade and a half ago that Inuyasha was last aired on Adult Swim. There's a whole generation of newer younger anime fans that have never seen Inuyasha or probably have never heard of Rumiko Takahashi.

Actually, it aired for almost 12 years, ending its run in 2015. The last few years it aired extremely late on night, but it’s only been around five years since it stopped airing.

quote="DisneyXAnimefan95"]First Hunter x Hunter (2011), then Naruto and now Inuyasha.

I think this is a sign that Viz Media is slowly moving away from licensing Anime.[/quote]

Why would making their shows available on more platforms equate moving away from licensing anime?
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:50 pm Reply with quote
With Yashahime confirmed to be on Funimation, I guess the original series of Inuyasha should be a part of it too. Anyways, I wonder if it will be more than 54 episodes since the last time I saw it on Netflix, it was only that much episodes available and plus, the strange issue with the first opening not being intact for strange reasons like rights issues. So can we have all of the episodes with all of the openings and endings intact, please? Appreciate it.
Sheupe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Will this stream use the new Viz BD masters that have the correct theme songs on them or will it have the instrumental music like all the other streaming platforms that have Inuyasha do?

It has the instrumental opening and closing like on Crunchyroll, Netflix and Hulu, unfortunately
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:45 pm Reply with quote
^No surprise considering it's Johnny's, we're lucky to have the song on the new Blu-ray sets considering it's missing from both German & Spanish Blu-ray releases.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1