• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Director Daisuke Ichihara Leaves Capcom

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTM108

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:33 am Reply with quote
It's always shitty to lose good talent and best of luck to him in his new role, but Iceborne was a lazy Monster Hunter G-Rank expansion. As a Monster Hunter super fan, I'm very excited that Rise seems to be going for a mix of the best Monster Hunter game's (MH4U and Generations) aesthetics and the mobility and graphical quality of Monster Hunter World.
Rentwo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:42 am Reply with quote
It'd be really disappointing if the movie tie-in is the last bit of content for the game.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:09 pm Reply with quote
DTM108 wrote:
It's always shitty to lose good talent and best of luck to him in his new role, but Iceborne was a lazy Monster Hunter G-Rank expansion. As a Monster Hunter super fan, I'm very excited that Rise seems to be going for a mix of the best Monster Hunter game's (MH4U and Generations) aesthetics and the mobility and graphical quality of Monster Hunter World.

MHW wasn't ever meant to be a MH like prior titles.

it was to give a new type of MH experience and to introduce many new people to the game (which in that regard it was a huge success)

personally I enjoy RIse's visuals, but not the mount and grapple system (grappling into thin air is not feasible realistically)

am happy we getting Leviathan species back properly with it though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1