• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! Superstar!! Anime Premieres in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:53 am Reply with quote
Yessss I'm very excited about this.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:23 am Reply with quote
NHK E-Tele is an educational channel? Love Live is not what I call educational. I wonder if it's pointing towards this installment being geared primarily to kids over the usual wider audience.
anstar019

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Then what about Nijigasaki season 2 ???

Sunrise needs to get their goal clear that whether they need two generations of love live at the same time or not.

I would and many people would like a Nijigasaki S2 than getting superstar now in 2021.

Superstar can be delayed.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
NHK E-Tele is an educational channel? Love Live is not what I call educational. I wonder if it's pointing towards this installment being geared primarily to kids over the usual wider audience.
It's the same NHK-E that have Log Horizon, and will run To Your Eternity in April - and heck, it's totally not what you call a show aimed for KIDS.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:41 pm Reply with quote
anstar019 wrote:

Sunrise needs to get their goal clear that whether they need two generations of love live at the same time or not.

I would and many people would like a Nijigasaki S2 than getting superstar now in 2021.

As with past love live seasons the production company likes to keep us in suspense for anywhere up to a year before announcing a second season.
John the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:14 pm Reply with quote
anstar019 wrote:

I'm afraid having two generations of Love Live at the same time is precisely the plan. Because the main method of exposure for Nijigasaki is a Mobile Game rather than an anime. They got an anime because the game was very successful, but it was never meant to become the new core of the group. That's still the game (which is already in its second season, by the way).

Thus, they don't have to wait until Nijigasaki's time is over to introduce another group based primarily on an anime, nor do they have to kick them out because said group is debuting. Muse, Aquors, and Liella are meant to be the successors of each other in a "change of generations" thing, but Nijigasaki exists separately from that. That's why Superstar is being created by the people behind SIP and Sunshine while Nijigasaki is the work of another team.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I am also bit surprised that new LL series would be released overlapping with Nijigasaki. This is not usual from what we have seen before. I do not know what plan is but we know that this worked against Idolm@ster as demographic splintered. I think same thing will happen here too--Superstar will cannibalize Nijigasaki crowd. This leaves to think Nijigasaki is one cour show for game only.
teofilusSW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:53 am Reply with quote
Wow, released this summer? In July 2021?
We are really in Virtual Idol Sengoku Jidai (Virtual Idol Warring States) this year ...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1