• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yoshinori Kitase Takes Over For Shinji Hashimoto as Brand Manager for Final Fantasy Franchise

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeino

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Maybe this will mean that the quality of the FF games will improve again. Because other than FF XIV 2.0 and the VII remake so far, the past 15 years of the franchise since FF XII have been dire.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
Maybe this will mean that the quality of the FF games will improve again. Because other than FF XIV 2.0 and the VII remake so far, the past 15 years of the franchise since FF XII have been dire.

Nah, Kitase is also partially responsible for all that. He tried to make Toriyama the next golden boy for YEARS and it was only after the XIII sequels flopped that he was forced to give up. Dude has not been the best producer
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 1:46 am Reply with quote
I appreciate his work but honestly, I think Square Enix has always had a bad case of assigning jobs and position to the wrong people.
Fakerman

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:03 am Reply with quote
Good lord I hope he leaves FF16 alone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1