• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water Game Heads to Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S,

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockSplash

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I hope they do a release of the first 4. You can't play any of the first 4 without the original hardware.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:53 pm Reply with quote
A Nintendo owned IP on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC. Now that's not something you see every day.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:17 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
A Nintendo owned IP on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC. Now that's not something you see every day.

This is probably like how Playstation got Ninja Gaiden Sigma despite it being a Xbox Exclusive title.
battle-arc-fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:53 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:

Because it isn't Nintendo-owned. It is owned by Koei Tecmo. The more recent games have only been co-produced by Nintendo and made a platform exclusive (because of their general lack of horror titles). The first 3 games weren't released on a Nintendo console at all (unless you count the re-release of the second hitting the Wii 10 years later). The series has never been a big seller, which is probably why the the 5th entry was packed with fanservice. And why the 5th entry is going from Nintendo exclusive to ported to all the major platforms. It will probably have to move a few units to get a 6th entry.
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Check another game off the Wii U exclusive list that's getting a port. Is X the only holdout left?
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:23 pm Reply with quote
While this release is nice, I would love to have the entire series available in HD remaster on Steam. It's beyond time that it happens now.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:35 am Reply with quote
AmpersandsUnited wrote:
Check another game off the Wii U exclusive list that's getting a port. Is X the only holdout left?
Depends on your criteria. If you mean must have titles well I would have said that ended when Wonderful 101 was ported or Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE depending which one was ported last. Otherwise there's also Mario and Sonic at the Rio Olympic Games, Paper Mario Colour Splash, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush and Star Fox Zero.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:26 am Reply with quote
The really bad one gets Switched but the original trilogy and the at least mediocre 4th one rot in the vault. No one in the right mind will ask for more games from this IP if MOBW is the first one they play.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jdnation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I was so excited for the news of this coming to PS4!

But then I heard it was digital only... for shame... Sad

So I'll get it when it under $10... maybe...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1