• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kaiju No. 8 Manga Temporarily Switches to Biweekly Schedule

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:12 am Reply with quote
This is hardly shocking. The manga was biweekly anyways at times. Just releasing a ".1" release that basically had a couple pictures and an announcement when the next chapter would come out. Probably good reason for that. Regardless it's an announcement that makes total sense.

Hopefully this helps with the issues that required doing this in the first place. And eventually it should get back to being weekly when that's reasonable.
Maleko Ai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:33 pm Reply with quote
With deaths and illness of many mangakas this needs to happen to every shonen publication. Is mortal for them to release every week.
Peebs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:11 pm Reply with quote
FlareKnight wrote:
This is hardly shocking. The manga was biweekly anyways at times. Just releasing a ".1" release that basically had a couple pictures and an announcement when the next chapter would come out. Probably good reason for that. Regardless it's an announcement that makes total sense.

Hopefully this helps with the issues that required doing this in the first place. And eventually it should get back to being weekly when that's reasonable.

That's been my main issue with this great title. Love the story. Love the art. Love the characters. Hate this *flails arms* whatever that is that they do with the releases. I would rather prefer they keep it permanently and drop the X.1 chapters. Basically I stopped reading.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Temporarily? I could have sworn I read this is a permanent change.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1