• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams English Dub for Madhouse's Sonny Boy Sci-Fi Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I hated having to keep pausing while watching Sonny Boy just read the subtitles. This is not an easy Anime to understand. It’s the same reason why I won’t watch the Monogatori series.
Kalhiki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Excellent. Happy to see the dub coming out.
I've been loving the show, but man is it a head-scratcher. Hopefully hearing it in my native tongue will make it easier to digest.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Solid cast with a surprise Lauren Landa appearance!
phantom360

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Cast is looking good but kinda concerned of the adr director she doesn't have much credit directing i hope she can do it justice it's gonna be a difficult one.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:24 pm Reply with quote
phantom360 wrote:
Cast is looking good but kinda concerned of the adr director she doesn't have much credit directing i hope she can do it justice it's gonna be a difficult one.

Alexis has nearly 30 ADR/Assistant ADR Director credits in/on her ANN Encyclopedia entry page. How is that not "much credit"?
Raebo101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:21 pm Reply with quote
phantom360 wrote:

Obviously it's a different show, but I really like what I've heard from the dub of her last show, "Dragon Goes House-Hunting". She should do fine.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:01 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
phantom360 wrote:

Obviously it's a different show, but I really like what I've heard from the dub of her last show, "Dragon Goes House-Hunting". She should do fine.

Alexis is a decent ADR director its not a terribly inspired cast but a solid group of actors would be hard to mess this dub up with that type of strong voice talent behind it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1