• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! Reveals 2022 Series Ranking

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Author Hiromu and illustrator Raemz' Chitose-kun wa Ramune Bin no Naka (Chitose-kun is inside the ramune bottle) novels topped the Bunkobon rankings for a second year in a row.

Small typo, the correct English title is Chitose Is in the Ramune Bottle.
Edit;
Similarly, Sasaki and Pichan is without the extra "i"...
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:00 am Reply with quote
Hello Blanchimont!

I checked out the said typos and upon reading the Japanese titles, the article did a direct translation instead:

佐々木とピーちゃん - The hyphen part is the elongation of the previous vowel, which is the "i"; hence, they had it Pii-chan rather than Pi-chan.

千歳くんはラムネ瓶のなか - なか (or naka in Romaji)'s direct translation is inside, that's why in the article it is "Chitose-kun is inside the ramune bottle". Smile

This reminds me of 天気の子, or Tenki no Ko due to translations lol. In English, it's "Weather Girl" right but if it's direct Japanese translation (like word per word), it is "Child of Weather". English translations sometimes differ but both are still good.

I hope this helps! Very Happy
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:28 am Reply with quote
But it would still be good to at least mention the official titles if there exists an English release.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:51 pm Reply with quote
FWIW, inside the novels it says “P-chan”:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8HRHhk1AYJaMKSjD7

(and I’m really hoping that Yen don’t stick with “Pichan” for the English release since the most obvious way to read it is like “pitch” which is wrong. They have changed titles prior to release before so there’s still hope)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to reading Chitose-kun next year.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
But it would still be good to at least mention the official titles if there exists an English release.

Thanks very much for mentioning the official titles earlier. You are correct, we should have added in the official English titles. This was a matter of me not realizing those novels were licensed when I wrote this article. I've added in the official English titles and the English story summaries to this article. Really appreciate you pointing this out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1