• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chronicles of an Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Novels Get TV Anime Next Spring

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:45 am Reply with quote
The art looks kinda weird...

I know hearing about OP protagonists make most eyes roll but it's pretty justified in this case. spoiler[The gods need him to be that powerful in order to fight a foe that's equally as broken.]

And the harem aspect is the increasingly common type where spoiler[he takes multiple wives.]
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:26 am Reply with quote
I feel like I've seen this before a few times, but I guess the question is how long they stay kids?

spoiler[So there is a romance component?]
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:38 am Reply with quote
I am isekai trash and so are you
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:59 am Reply with quote
I can see bored folks on Twitter just seething and malding once they see it. The story is also run of the mill (Is this Isekai Friday or something, this is the second run of the mill isekai today), which is an issue because once Twitter seethes and malds enough, it will get way popular and contribute to the problems with isekai (They are doing more harm than good to the genre).
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:20 am Reply with quote
Every time someone says that twitter will lose their minds over an anime, it ends up being like 5 people in an easily ignorable corner.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:41 am Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Every time someone says that twitter will lose their minds over an anime, it ends up being like 5 people in an easily ignorable corner.
On top of that "people loosing their minds on Twitter" is like saying the sun rises in the morning, we already know.
Sharinganhokage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Of the dozens and dozens of similar-ish web novels I've read, this one has always stood out. It's also one I still check every month to see if there's new chapters. Sooo happy it's being recognized as deserving of an anime. I just hope the season covers enough to get to the meat of the story.
Leviathonlx1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Like how you could tell me this is a spinoff for that Assassin isekai and I'd believe you.
Ishida_Akira(fake)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:38 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I feel like I've seen this before a few times, but I guess the question is how long they stay kids?

This actually interests me, because stories like this usually (hopefully) save the romance stuff until after the time skip, so I'm curious as well.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:17 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

This series is a bit weird. spoiler[The MC gets a training arc where he becomes a teenager who's even more OP, but is then time-warped into being a kid again to continue normal life.]

I remember this is one of those isekai series that starts out kinda lackluster but then becomes strangely intriguing later on. I look forward to how the anime staff will handle the pacing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1