• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XVI Game's Latest Trailer Reveals June 22, 2023 Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:42 am Reply with quote
Party members! Kind of!

I wonder if there's anything on between Clive and that lady...
chronos02

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:01 am Reply with quote
Looks pretty impressive, but feels more like a devil may cry to me than a typical turn based or active skill type RPG. Still looking forward to the story.

By the way, is it only me? Every time I heard that "BIUMMMM" sound effect in the trailer it completely took me out of the viewing experience and the hype. Can we please stop using this terrible sound effect? please? It's probably just me, but might as well scream my distaste, since everyone else does it for so many other things.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:03 pm Reply with quote
A pleasant surprise is that this will be the first Final Fantasy game dubbed into Latin American Spanish. The only FF related works dubbed into Neutral Spanish were Spirits Within and Kingsglaive. The cast they announced for XVI is pretty great:
- José Ángel Torres (David Martínez in Cyberpunk and Clemont in Pokémon) as Clive Rosfield.
- Angélica Villa (Cheelai in Dragon Ball and Koby in One Piece) as Joshua Rosfield
- Analiz Sánchez (Tracer in OverWatch and Lilynette Gingerback in Bleach) as Jill Warrick
- Carlos Segundo (Piccolo in Dragon Ball and King Bradley in FMA) as Cidolfus Telamon
- Betzabé Jara (Sailor Pluto in SM Crystal and Hiyori Sarugaki in Bleach) as Benedikta Harman
- Dan Osorio (Chad in Bleach and Smoker in One Piece) as Hugo Kupka
- Armando Guerrero (Uryu's second voice in Bleach and Yoichi Isagi in Blue Lock) as Dion Lesage.
- Carlo Vázquez (Legoshi in Beastars and Caesar Zeppeli in Jojo) as Barnabas Tharmr.
Seeing this, I wish Square-Enix had dubbed FFVII Remake Part 1 first, don't know if they'll dub Part 2. I wish more Japanese companies would dub their games into Neutral Spanish, Nintendo is the only one that has dubbed some of their games, like BotW and Metroid Dread for example.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1