• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Smartphone Game Ends Service on April 26

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mimas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:53 pm Reply with quote
With the anime having concluded it isn't odd that the game is ending service now. The writing has been on the wall for the last month or so. It is estimated to have been bringing in about $1 million dollars a month but that is still less than other games like Dragon Quest Monsters Super Lite and Keshikeshi make, and not close to what Dragon Quest Walk and Dragon Quest Tact bring in. Hopefully the Infinity Strash game will still be coming out, which probably is more attractive than a gacha game. For now, the arcade game "Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai Xross Blade" (which is a spiritual successor to the Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road game series) is continuing on with no news of it ending yet.

AnimeNewsNetwork hasn't covered it, but also in April there will be a concert orchestrated by Yuki Hayashi with visuals from the anime.
Borderite92

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Another game shutting down as did DQ of the Stars. Just seems to quick!
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:58 am Reply with quote
I somehow didn't even know there was an Adventure of Dai mobile game.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:13 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

That’s just how it is with Mobile Games. They are either buried under thousands of other games to the point where almost nobody even knows it exists until it’s too late or you know the game exists but don’t have enough storage on your phone to download it because most Mobile games eat up a lot of space off of your phone. Some titles should even be on game consoles for being so large in size.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:24 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

They had two Twitter accounts promoting stuff for it.

https://twitter.com/dqdai_souls
https://twitter.com/DQDaiHerosBonds

I had to stop following the English account over a year ago after realizing it was pointless since the game wasn't available to download to my previous phone when it was still new.

MoonPhase1 wrote:
Some titles should even be on game consoles for being so large in size.

Yet these companies make them exclusive to PC (looking at YOU Capcom Taiwan).
MKVarana

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:58 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Yet these companies make them exclusive to PC (looking at YOU Capcom Taiwan).

In their defense, dataminers found Switch assets for Rockman X Dive a while ago, so there's still hope for that port eventually.

As for the Dai game, it was fun, so I'm sad to see it go, but the writing was on the wall. Between rushing the output of story chapters, to rushing plotpoints in the original story, to stopping giving us new skills in events, a few of us had been expecting this announcement for a while. It was likely only ever really intended to be promotional material for the anime anyhow, so we're lucky to have gotten what we did, probably, and it's nice that they're gonna conclude the stories instead of leaving them hanging, at least.
reynado

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:25 am Reply with quote
Mobile games promoting one specific show tend to have a shorter shelf life than others.. It's why I tend to stick to the general franchise ones like Tact
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1