• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: She Loves to Cook, and She Loves to Eat GN 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyCircle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:22 am Reply with quote
I had to hold off ordering a copy until next week but I really enjoyed the first volume. The live-action show was really cute too! I wish they could have been more daring and vocalized their attractions or the start of a relationship beyond friendship but it was sweet nonetheless.
SHD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I love this manga so much! Food+slice of life manga are usually misses rather than hits for me, so I'm always happy to find something I genuinely enjoy - Rokuhoudou, Papa to oyaji, and this one is the latest I found that I could read forever. I feel so much seen by it - each main character has some aspects that I can also apply to myself, and while I'm not someone who needs to identify with something/someone in order to feel close to it or appreciate it (I rarely find anything that "represents" me and my life experiences to any degree, anyway) the flashes of "ha! same here" or "yeah, same..." while reading this manga are a pretty good experience.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1