• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rei Hiroe: '341 Sentōdan Manga Will Continue if it Sells'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:27 am Reply with quote
This explains why the most recent Black Lagoon arc is the worst one by far. The character voices especially are off and there is no point to anything.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NieR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I'd really like to see Black Lagoon: Sawyer the Cleaner - Dismemberment! Gore Gore Girl get an English physical release. Even better if it got an anime.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Kind of sad to see.
Suxinn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:07 am Reply with quote
He also talks about his depression in an interview with his editor in the most recent volumes of Black Lagoon iirc, to explain why he took as long of a hiatus as he did.

As always, I think mangaka should take care of themselves and their health first and foremost, and not worry about continuing in the industry if they aren't up to it. I hope this is a series that Hiroe Rei actually wants to write rather than something he feels he has to in order to re-adjust back into the industry. If it's the former, then I sincerely hope it finds success.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1