• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses Anime's 3rd Promo Video Reveals July 4 Premiere, More Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpideyDude

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:30 am Reply with quote
That beginning was too fast paced for the narration and sentimental music to be in sync.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:45 am Reply with quote
I did not like the opening shot of that trailer. It had too many weird and out there camera angles and the animation as Komura was heading up the stairs looked unusually fast.

It's a somewhat decent trailer, but makes me really cautious with my optimism with this. Can't GoHands just hire freelancers instead of their usual staff?

EDIT: I watched it again, and ya know, it will probably take me a lot of time to get used to GoHands' techniques, but the the scene with the heartbeat was actually pretty good.

Last edited by DamianSalazar on Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:15 am Reply with quote
DamianSalazar wrote:
It's a somewhat decent trailer, but makes me really cautious with my optimism with this. Can't GoHands just hire freelancers instead of their usual staff?
The answer is in your question — it's exactly because it's made by GoHands. Their obsession with over-the-top dynamic camera work in 3D environments and heavy leaning on the usage of digital backgrounds is pretty notorious for years — and it's not that easy to change that alone because it's literally how they handle things except you literally throw the whole studio away.

And thanks God they not bringing their "ace cards" yet with over-the-top CGI effects without any supervision of color design that can make your eyes bleed - with both this and Masterful Cat.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:32 am Reply with quote
The fact that neither this nor Masterful Cat look like someone puked colors all over the screen is already a big improvement, but still.... tone it down, for God's sake!
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:45 am Reply with quote
This looks a heck of a lot better then I thought it would be. It even looks better then the manga. I'm now looking forwards to watching this.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:56 am Reply with quote
Aside from that weird opening sequence on the stairs and hallways this looks like a cute romcom.
Swissman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:35 am Reply with quote
I'm a fan of the manga, but this..... ugh, the opening scene looks awful. There's no need for these extreme wideangle shots and multiplane visuals over some bad 3DCGI. The manga has some simple yet cute & effective artstyle, it's almost fluffy. This GoHands adaption looks like they want to stun you with the visuals while doing it with the subtlety of a sledgehammer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I cant be hyped for a wholesome romance without the adaptation going off the rails bad. I pray to god that 20 second shot from the start of this PV was JUST for the PV and is never used again.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:30 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
I cant be hyped for a wholesome romance without the adaptation going off the rails bad. I pray to god that 20 second shot from the start of this PV was JUST for the PV and is never used again.

It's GoHands. Pointlessly complicated shots like that are gonna be likely everywhere.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Ooooomg, that stairway opener scene, I damn near threw up from the visuals and camera angle nonsense! Why must GoHands do this?? I quite enjoyed K, had some interesting color effects, but nothing nauseating with camera movements, then Hand Shakers happened and Tilt-a-whirl suddenly became their visual signature or something, ugh!
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I actually like the freaky camera angles and zoom effects - need to do something different with rom-coms these days.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Piglet the Grate wrote:
I actually like the freaky camera angles and zoom effects - need to do something different with rom-coms these days.

You can do "something different" with romcoms without feeling so ridiculously over the top and excessive. Komi and Kaguya are good examples.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1