×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Revengers TV Anime Gets Sequel, Fairy Tale Mini Anime


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kiwi93



Joined: 08 Dec 2022
Posts: 343
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:48 am Reply with quote
Surprise TR is getting a sequel considering how badly Disney killed the hype for the show, then again I have heard how popular the manga is in Japan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zhou-BR



Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 1449
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:57 am Reply with quote
Despite the fact that the last two seasons didn't replicate the success of the first one, I figured they'd still finish the anime, since what's left of the manga can be easily covered in 24 episodes or so.

Last edited by Zhou-BR on Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matros



Joined: 22 Feb 2021
Posts: 286
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:02 am Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
Surprise TR is getting a sequel considering how badly Disney killed the hype for the show, then again I have heard how popular the manga is in Japan.


Considering the poor animation & writing quality you could argue the show itself killed the hype, not some streaming platform.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Velluekk



Joined: 14 Jun 2024
Posts: 56
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:21 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to them finishing the adaptation because Windbreaker doesn't really appeal to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SinisterOracle



Joined: 13 May 2023
Posts: 277
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Sunday's event teased the anime's fifth anniversary project next year. The first initoative


It looks like something was cut off.

At this point, it makes sense that they’d finish the adaptation. The show definitely hasn’t been as good as the first season but it’s far from the worst anime of the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Matthew-



Joined: 12 Mar 2022
Posts: 1409
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:38 am Reply with quote
Great news! Hope that it will also have 24-26 episodes as the first season has!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Glordit



Joined: 11 Sep 2020
Posts: 574
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:45 am Reply with quote
Was expecting a continuation after how the previous season ended the way it did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WANNFH



Joined: 13 Mar 2011
Posts: 1732
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:55 am Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
Surprise TR is getting a sequel considering how badly Disney killed the hype for the show, then again I have heard how popular the manga is in Japan.
Disney+ barely had anything with it, you just can't have the actual hype for what is mediocre at the very best at all levels to begin with - and the anime adaptation was literally that since Christmas Showdown.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
el_morris



Joined: 09 May 2018
Posts: 232
Location: Tijuana, México
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:26 am Reply with quote
Can't believe this thing still exists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Matthew-



Joined: 12 Mar 2022
Posts: 1409
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:49 am Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
Surprise TR is getting a sequel considering how badly Disney killed the hype for the show, then again I have heard how popular the manga is in Japan.

Disney doesn't rely on anything, manga sales is the criteria, TR is very popular in Japan, that is why. It will be fully adapted into anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Essedess



Joined: 03 Jan 2024
Posts: 74
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:54 am Reply with quote
I guess they might as well finish it, not that there's any worth IN doing so. The series fell off a cliff, hit every single rock on the way down, fell in a river and was dropped from a waterfall directly into the mouth of a hungry sea serpent. Doesn't really matter though, Wind Breaker is a far superior show. Sadly, it's not yaoi-bait enough to get the same popularity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MakiharaMeiko



Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Posts: 84
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:14 am Reply with quote
I'm so excited for this <3

I know people don't like TR from this point to the end, but I love it. Except for the final chapters, I love the rest of it. I expect the anime to fill what the manga didn't. That'll be more than enough for me.

spoiler[And having Senju animated... HECK YEAH! ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Matthew-



Joined: 12 Mar 2022
Posts: 1409
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Essedess wrote:
I guess they might as well finish it, not that there's any worth IN doing so. The series fell off a cliff, hit every single rock on the way down, fell in a river and was dropped from a waterfall directly into the mouth of a hungry sea serpent. Doesn't really matter though, Wind Breaker is a far superior show. Sadly, it's not yaoi-bait enough to get the same popularity.

No, Wind Breaker is HORRIBLE in every aspect, it is dull, silly and absurd to watch. I dropped it after the first episode.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Todd_Harry08



Joined: 24 Sep 2019
Posts: 204
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:41 pm Reply with quote
-Matthew- wrote:
Essedess wrote:
I guess they might as well finish it, not that there's any worth IN doing so. The series fell off a cliff, hit every single rock on the way down, fell in a river and was dropped from a waterfall directly into the mouth of a hungry sea serpent. Doesn't really matter though, Wind Breaker is a far superior show. Sadly, it's not yaoi-bait enough to get the same popularity.

No, Wind Breaker is HORRIBLE in every aspect, it is dull, silly and absurd to watch. I dropped it after the first episode.


you didn't like Tachibana ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Matthew-



Joined: 12 Mar 2022
Posts: 1409
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Todd_Harry08 wrote:
-Matthew- wrote:
Essedess wrote:
I guess they might as well finish it, not that there's any worth IN doing so. The series fell off a cliff, hit every single rock on the way down, fell in a river and was dropped from a waterfall directly into the mouth of a hungry sea serpent. Doesn't really matter though, Wind Breaker is a far superior show. Sadly, it's not yaoi-bait enough to get the same popularity.

No, Wind Breaker is HORRIBLE in every aspect, it is dull, silly and absurd to watch. I dropped it after the first episode.


you didn't like Tachibana ?

No, I like TR.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group