• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jinki: Extend Creator "Pleased" With Offers to Restart Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DekarMaximGuy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, I am happy with this news to say the least. I was very disappointed at the cancellation of Jinki Extend.

Now if we could just get ADV to start releasing them in English again...
Velius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Haven't read the manga, but loved what little about it I got to see in the anime. To bad it was really short. I guess they didn't have much to work with. Quite a shame.
Shinji103

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote
DekarMaximGuy wrote:
Well, I am happy with this news to say the least. I was very disappointed at the cancellation of Jinki Extend.

Now if we could just get ADV to start releasing them in English again...
Someone on another forum had a theory that ADV was planning on using the J:E anime to fuel fanship for J:E, then restart the J:E manga release. However, if that's true, I can't really say it'll work.

a) Without releasing original Jinki, readers of J:E were probably already plenty confused by what was going on.

b) The anime failed hard in comparison to the manga, so I don't see the anime helping readers understand what's going on.

That said, I'm also very pleased with this news and hope that ADV restarts the US release of the manga to make a US fanbase. Smile

Why is the "pleased" in the title in quotes though?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1