• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 2011 Hunter x Hunter Anime's Main Cast Listed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:25 am Reply with quote
Interesting that a completely new seiyuu is voicing Gon. Should be interesting to see how that goes, though since I never watched the first anime, I probably shouldn't have to hold her up to a standard.
daichi383

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote
I'm still surprised they werent able to use tekauchi for gon again because its not like she does a large amount of roles at the same time but we'll se how this turns out. I'm kinda getting sick of namikawa being in everything and i hope he doesnt just be his same monotone evil self for hisoka because hisoka deserves better. Rolling Eyes
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:33 am Reply with quote
daichi383 wrote:
I'm still surprised they werent able to use tekauchi for gon again because its not like she does a large amount of roles at the same time but we'll se how this turns out. I'm kinda getting sick of namikawa being in everything and i hope he doesnt just be his same monotone evil self for hisoka because hisoka deserves better. Rolling Eyes

http://www.oricon.co.jp/prof/artist/1011965/

The new seiyuu for Gon is cute, at least.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:39 am Reply with quote
I'm gonna miss the old cast but I wish these seiyuus the best of luck ^^
daichi383

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
daichi383 wrote:

http://www.oricon.co.jp/prof/artist/1011965/

The new seiyuu for Gon is cute, at least.

And how is her being cute gonna stop me from hatin her if she sucks Wink although i have learned not to underestimate japanese VA's so i shall reserve judgement.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:10 am Reply with quote
so we 4 known & newbie as parts main role yea indeed this um remake/reboot of it wonder how will do for new generation of fans?

either wait & see how it goes especially lots keep an hearing check on the fresh newbie seiyu in it.
Mr. Toto

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote
Gon's last name is Freecss, not Freeces. Also, Kurapika is spelled with two "k"s--not a c.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:28 am Reply with quote
Awww, no Yuki Kaida. Oh well. But Miyuki Sawashiro?! Awesome! I love her work! And Namikawa?!? Double awesome!! I might actually WANT to see this! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Expias

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:32 am Reply with quote
Miyuki Sawashiro.... not bad. I'll definitely be missing the old cast because they've been firmly attached for me. Leorio and Kurapika won't sound too off the mark.

... but er Killua and Hisoka will take getting used to.

Not sure of anything for the new seiyuu for Gon. Pretty sad that they didn't or couldn't get Takeuchi Junko to come back and voice Gon. Her "Gon" voice was very similar to the voice used for Inazuma Eleven's Endou Kanon so it's not like her voice has changed.

My anxiety meter for this has been upped considering some of these seiyuu but I'll still watch. Hopefully Namikawa keeps Hisoka's creepy perv-voice in tact. Laughing
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
& yet newbie seiyu's is 2nd generation yet newbie's mom is same voice of lalah, saori, luna, & queen beryl?!

yea this newbie really rise & learn to follow in here mom's footsteps in seiyu voicing.

yea someone mention it on other area of anime info.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:44 am Reply with quote
Expias wrote:
Not sure of anything for the new seiyuu for Gon. Pretty sad that they didn't or couldn't get Takeuchi Junko to come back and voice Gon. Her "Gon" voice was very similar to the voice used for Inazuma Eleven's Endou Kanon so it's not like her voice has changed.

If I had to guess, its because she has basically become entrenched as Naruto... when she did a voice for a character in One Piece recently, I couldn't hear that character as anything but Naruto. So they may have avoided her since new people wouldn't be able to hear Gon as anything but Naruto either.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Expias wrote:

If I had to guess, its because she has basically become entrenched as Naruto... when she did a voice for a character in One Piece recently, I couldn't hear that character as anything but Naruto. So they may have avoided her since new people wouldn't be able to hear Gon as anything but Naruto either.

I think that's a good enough reason..
I'm curious and a bit excited to see how Han does Smile
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Expias wrote:

I'm not too sure about that. She still has a variety of voice acting that you can't tell she's even Naruto.
OrangeVision

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Very safe choices for everyone except Gon since she's a total newcomer. I have pretty mixed feelings for casting Keiji Fujiwara as Leorio, he's very close what I'd have in mind what Leorio sounds like, but I've never heard Fujiwara act rough enough.
But it's pretty clear they chose the most fitting people from the list of the most widely recognised seiyuu today. Nothing really special and they're playing the roles very safe (except for Gon).
Not that I mind much, I think Sawashiro's voice is more or less perfect match for Kurapika.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Oh no not Miyuki Sawashiro for Kurapica, anyone but her. She is the absolute last person I would have wanted to voice him. Please Madhouse or whoever is in charge of the cast, please find someone else. Even Rie Kugimiya or Chiwa Saito would have been more voice appropriate picks. I think I'll actually pass on watching this then Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3