• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases: August 21-27

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReaKon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:35 am Reply with quote
I very much plan on picking up Bloody Monday and Cage of Eden but for some reason, I am having to wait 'til November to get them in the UK.

Kodansha seem to have prolonged the time between American and English release dates, as it is usually less than a month for all other publishers. The more weird thing is it isn't consistent. Fairy Tail v. 13 came out 1 month after America but I still have to wait 'til November to get v. 14 (3 months after America). I guess it does give me more time to pick up other titles...
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:36 am Reply with quote
Definitely picking up Animal Land (mainly for my sister, who is both a future veterinarian and a Zatch Bell fan).

I gave the first volume of both Bloody Monday and Cage of Eden a try, and couldn't find myself enthused much at all. I'm not terribly into the survival genre. Bloody Monday just had to much hacker-fu for me to take seriously (and the annoyingly over-sexualized female villain, but that one I would have put up with if the story was more interesting).
ReaKon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:45 am Reply with quote
I suppose that may be one good reason for having releases 3 months later than North America, I can get the reviews come through before I purchase them. Maybe I will look further into them beforehand. Hopefully they will be reviewed on here
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:07 am Reply with quote
The Shin Megami Port is fantastic, highly recommended.

Though the 3D isn't amazing compared to other titles.
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote
Wow Kodansha's up to volume two of the Phoenix Wright manga already? Gotta catch up on those Kodansha title's I'm collecting and pick up Phoenix Wright while I'm at it.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Excited to finally get the second Eden movie, along with the first one. Would like to get that Kenshin BD, but it is sooooo not worth it Laughing .
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Checked out Bloody Monday at B&N this week and while some of its plot devices were horridly cliche the overall plot and most of the characters were compelling enough for me to keep an eye out for vol. 2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1