• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Epic Threads - Propmaking with Cardboard

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Holy cow that Gundam was Amazing! I must say I had quite a smile with the classic Black Mage made an appearance. I am definitely looking forward to reading this feature, seeing as how I don't know a lot of about the Cosplay world.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Ooh, this is great! I've always wanted to try cosplaying, but I've never really had the guts to start. This will be a nice way to at least learn about things. ^^

This month's column is AMAZING. I have a really hard time believing those are cardboard--absolutely incredible! It's nice to see there's a way to put together great props, even on a budget. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I have to say that Gundam costume was pretty good but like every Gundam costume, it's hard to move around in. It's ironic how I was just thinking about cardboard a few minutes ago. Shocked
icepick314

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quote
what?

i thought this version of Gundam was HAWT!!!!

http://koti.phnet.fi/otaku/cosplay/cosplayawards.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Mozilla
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quote
That Gundam looks so cool!

I really like this column, seriousely, cosplay on a budget lol ... If your planing on selling that on Ebay for a reasonable price let me know xD ... who wouldn't want a giant Gundam in their room :O

Anyways, I really like this column, thanks!
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:25 pm Reply with quote
I like this column already. I hope it doesn't disapper like the game reviews- what happened to those anyway?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:37 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I like this column already. I hope it doesn't disapper like the game reviews- what happened to those anyway?

They're coming back soon. This week most likely.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I still have reservation on game reviews since there are so many good video game related sites out there. If there is a game column I would like to see it focused more on anime based titles so we can see a review from an anime fan's perspective. This would be particularly good for games that got panned by IGN, Gamespot, Gamespy etc. like Gundam Crossfire. I believe that many of these anime based games might suck as far as game play, but these reviews usually don't mention if there are guest animators (like Kawamoto's GITS game) or how the game fits into the continuity of the anime they are based off of. Some games have key cut scenes (the Char path in the PS2 Zeta game has some neat pre and post 0087 stuff) that has never been animated before. It would be neat to have reviews on the .Hack games or the Fullmetal games by an anime fan explaining how they fit in the continuity instead of another Mario review.

Since I live in a house (production studio) with a bunch of guys who make films the Epic Threads column is great! Four of my roommates have degrees in film, and only one has any theater background, so our props and costumes come across as very amateur. I look forward to more Epic Threads!
Wing_Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:03 am Reply with quote
i've seen him around on cosplay.com as well. That guy has amazing skills o__o;

He was at Anime North just last week with his gundam outfit. It was awsome ^^

I can only wonder... how long did it take for him to make that Gundam Outfit though?
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:59 am Reply with quote
Wow, totally awesome. I loved the guitar... Makes me feel I should try doing something n_nU...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
FiliKlepto

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:40 am Reply with quote
How awesome, I was just chatting with featherweight yesterday, so it's kind of funny to see him featured on ANN the same day. He gave me some pointers on crafting a guitar from cardboard, so that's my next project. Really looking forward to it!

This guy has serious skills. Has anyone seen his costume of The Thing?
ANBUx3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quote
This guy makes magic out of cardboard.

Very cool column.
Jibbley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:43 pm Reply with quote
posting in an epic thread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cyborg 009

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Pretty cool idea for an article. I haven't done any cosplay stuff in about a year, when I used insulation foam and fiberglass to create a Kubikiri Houcho from Naruto. It took forever without instructions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1