• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Finding music @ Brick 'n Mortar stores

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone had any luck finding domestic anime soundtracks or music CD's at your local retail stores? If you are, what stores? I was able to find a few at the nearby Best Buy, but it seems that none of the newer titles are making it on the shelves. My impression is that anime music is not successfully penetrating the market, eventhough the anime itself is enjoying success. Anyone else get that feeling?

Oh, well. I suppose I can just order online . . .
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Last time I walked into Suncoast, they had a ton of them. Or did you mean bigger than Suncoast?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I've never found any, aside from a small rack at a local anime rental store. And those were either ones I already had or ones that didn't interest me...so I wasn't too terribly impressed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ramen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Miagi wrote:
Last time I walked into Suncoast, they had a ton of them. Or did you mean bigger than Suncoast?

No, that's perfect. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a drive for me to get to the suncoast, so I don't usually get there. I'll have to go check it out now, though. I also just wanted to see what other people thought. Thanks for the info.
Sklathill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:24 am Reply with quote
Last time I went into a Virgin Megastore (admittedly two years ago) I got some Macross Plus OSTs. (The JVC ones...) Been seeing all those soundtracks at Suncoast lately, but haven't been really compelled to get any of them...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1