• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: To Heart DVD 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:25 am Reply with quote
Reviews, In all their glory, are a usefull tool to help give you an idea about what to expect from the particular media that is it's subject. Whenever I read a good or glowing review, I tend to agree about 99% of the time. When the review is bad or leaning more toward the negative side, it's usually a 50-50 toss-up.

My gut tells me that I'm really going to like To Heart. After reading both of Carlos's reviews, I feel more and more encouraged(Thanks Carlos Smile ). I'm not going to run right out tomorrow and buy it, but it is in my "get someday" que. Perhaps the next time Rightstuf has one of their big clearance sales.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:30 pm Reply with quote
To Heart is a series that I have found to be 'pleasantly boring.' Like the reveiw said, there's no conflict or challenge in these kids' highschool lives. Its definitely something that you throw on in order to just relax after a day of work; trust me, if you have any energy at the time, you'll be easily distracted from it.

I thought that episode 7 was the best on this volume, mainly because of a refreshing change. That change being that the focus was on Akari befriending Kotone rather than Hiroyuki being the 'unintentional mac-daddy,' how many girls can he unintentionally swoon until Akari has had enough?
Hmmm... maybe that's where the conflict will happen, Akari finally snaps and cat-fights the rest of the female cast in a no-holds-barred schoolyard brawl, winner takes Hiroyuki, wouldn't that be something? Twisted Evil

Nah, but seriously, its a relaxing watch and volume 3 is at the top of my Netflix quere (I put new releases of stuff I'm watching at the top Wink ) and I'll keep on watching.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1