• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Comic-Con International 2007 - Toy Gallery

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I totally nerdgasmed over those Tekkonkinkreet figures. I spent like 15 minutes just staring at them and another 5 begging the seller to let me buy them. sigh...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Argh! I need more photos of those Death Note figures. I saw the Ruyk one on top while on vacation in Japan.

Though I think I'm gonna get the chibi L figure. A friend of mine ordered it in Japan and is having another friend shipping it to him once it's released.

Now I see for a few dollars more, I can have my local comic shop order it for not that much more. It's in the newest Diamond order catalog.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
I totally nerdgasmed over those Tekkonkinkreet figures. I spent like 15 minutes just staring at them and another 5 begging the seller to let me buy them. sigh...

Yeah, I sat at Jun's booth staring at those for a while too. But no matter what, I'm going to have a set shipped to me Smile

Abusing my relationships I am...

-t
Cloe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:05 am Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Cloe wrote:

Yeah, I sat at Jun's booth staring at those for a while too. But no matter what, I'm going to have a set shipped to me Smile

Abusing my relationships I am...

-t

Alas, if only I had power to abuse! I'll have to comfort myself with the art books... for now.

*cradles Tekkon poster/books in her arms, cooing incoherently*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:

Alas, if only I had power to abuse! I'll have to comfort myself with the art books... for now.

*cradles Tekkon poster/books in her arms, cooing incoherently*

Well, AAA Anime will be distributing those things, so you shouldn't have any problem buying them from any California anime store. Not sure what the pre-order date will be, but I'd watch the AAA site and make sure you get your local retailer to order them before the pre-order date.

-t
Aizen-chan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:26 am Reply with quote
Out of all those toys there, the only one I'm interested in is the shiny little Tachikoma that comes with natural oil. I have the stuffed one in both Blue and Yellow. I also think I saw a Major Kusanagi figure, but I already have more then I need of her.

I want an Uchikoma, or better yet a matched set with a Fuchi, Tachi and and Uchi. Also a set of the new coloured SSS net diver Tachis. And an AI Sentai Tachikomans set.

Oh, and the Tachikoma Robot, but with feets that turn into wheels.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:19 am Reply with quote
That Aerith FF7 figure has been up for preorder for a little while at HLJ. It has a whopping 26,000 Yen. I also like the Cloud and Sephiroth figures which are 47,000 Yen each. $1000 seems a bit steep for me to get these nice figures. Are these Kotobukiya figures oversized, or made out of something nicer to justify their cost?
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:34 pm Reply with quote
My teen wanted the Lamento figures they had at the Kotobukiya booth, but they didn't have them at co, so that night she went online & ordered them all. Though the chibi figures were's available yet, so she has to wait for them.

And I got 5 Saint Seiya figures for around $320
Kitsune05

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I love looking at figures. Some of those are really nice, though a few of them I already have here with that Yuki (from TMOSH) being shipped on Monday. Looking at those pictures makes me want to go to another con just to walk around the dealer's room to see what I can find.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quote
why Square-Enix's figures are so expensive?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1