• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz recalls One Piece Vol 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiaki Nozomi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Wow! They recalled One Piece because of three pages! Never mind that FORTY TWO PAGES were missing (three chapters got repeated, one stopped halfway and repeated the first part over again) from Battle Royale - and I contacted them over five months ago and they STILL haven't replied.

On another note, I like One Piece, so I guess this is a good thing.
Izlude

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Are you talking about the Battle Royal manga which is done by Tokyopop or the novel which was done by Viz? I have the novel and every page is intact.

More than likely things like missing pages and errors amoung that are printing errors, so its a honest accident, and its good Viz is doing something about it quickly.

Thats the kind of service I like.
trigunner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I don't care. I pay money and i want my manga complete and in good nick. So i'm sending it back, today!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
molloaggie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:41 am Reply with quote
Chiaki Nozomi wrote:
Never mind that FORTY TWO PAGES were missing (three chapters got repeated, one stopped halfway and repeated the first part over again) from Battle Royale - and I contacted them over five months ago and they STILL haven't replied.

Man, you should have marched yourself back to the store where you got it and demanded an immeadiate refund. I would still contact the store manager and ask what they can do for you, even though it's kinda late.
Kidotai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:38 am Reply with quote
molloaggie wrote:
Man, you should have marched yourself back to the store where you got it and demanded an immeadiate refund. I would still contact the store manager and ask what they can do for you, even though it's kinda late.

Depending on the store, you need your reciept, and hopefully, there is a reasonable ammount of time when you purchased it, because some of them have a time limit on when you can return said items. All about them copyright issues and stuff. If you don't have your reciept, the store will only offer you store credit or even refuse the return.

And it's best to act nice and calm about your situation. In fact, print out a copy of the ANN article and/or the Viz Press relase (if there is one) and tell them you saw this and was concerned that you got defective material.

Trust me, if you act nicely, you might get your money back (or store credit might turn into cash if your especially nice and calm about the situation) and get good customer service in return. If your bitchy about it, or just a plain snot, you either might be shown the door, or you'll get your money back, but people do speak behind your back. And some of us retail workers do love to make fun of those Stupid/Sucky Customers. Twisted Evil
Burumasu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:27 pm Reply with quote
It is rather fun to joke about irate/stupid customers with your co-workers ^^

Anyway, it is good that Viz is correcting this so quickly, I just hope I don't send the thing off and never hear anything again. :O I have heard horror stories.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1