• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Konami to Release Shaman King Games

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I think this is great! Shaman King is a good anime. Can't wait for the games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:15 am Reply with quote
Shaman King would make sense as a fighting game. But Konami doesn't know how to do those.
Geri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:32 am Reply with quote
I wonder how the translation would be, faithful, or like the TV version.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:28 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Shaman King would make sense as a fighting game. But Konami doesn't know how to do those.

Bandai has a fighting game out in Japan, but apparently Konami is doing an action RPG for the PS2 and a side scroller for the GBA.

And they are going with the 4Kids translations which should have been obvious since 4Kids holds the license.

2 pics at Magic Box

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Proman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Well at least they're not making a card game Wink .
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:39 pm Reply with quote
A fighting game would be awsome! I think an rpg would be great to. If they do make a game i hope its for ps2 because i don't like the games on GBA. I know they have Shaman King game for Japan. It might be like that one I have no clue. Heres the gamecube game in Japan.

Heres the GBA game in Japan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:13 pm Reply with quote
That GCN game is the Fighting game I was talking about, Shaman King: Soul Fight. The second game there for GBA is King Record's Shaman King: Chou Senjiryokketsu 2 (the second of 3 games, the first being on the GBC).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mou Kaoru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Proman wrote:

http://www.toywiz.com/shkicocaga.html
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Mou Kaoru wrote:
Proman wrote:

It was only a matter of time, before they brought the Shaman King TCG game over to the US from Japan.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Proman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
Mou Kaoru wrote:
Proman wrote:

It was only a matter of time, before they brought the Shaman King TCG game over to the US from Japan.....

Why am I not suprised Rolling Eyes (though I was actually talking about a video game version of the card game)?
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Maybe cause, both YYH and YGO have one??
Hank32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:19 am Reply with quote
Bleh, I am getting tired of anime titles being turned into fighting games everywhere you look. So many of them would be much better suited as RPGs, but I often get the impression that gaming companies just don't want the hassle of making an RPG...perhaps I am wrong, but I am irritated by this Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:00 am Reply with quote
Uh, the Konami PS2 game is an RPG...

Emerje
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Uh, the Konami PS2 game is an RPG...

Emerje

As long as Konami doesn't make it like their TMNT games, where you continually mash buttons to defeat everyone, I'll be happy, not that I'm not already or anything, since I like RPG's.
Izlude

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Rawr, am I the only one whose is a fan of Konami's old schol button mashing beat'em ups? They are so fun... Yu Yu Hakusho would make a great one, Final Fight style...

I think SK though would make a great rpg, rather than a fighting game. Same thing with Naruto, the fighting games are great, better off being a tactical rpg or something. Only DBZ can live up to be a fighting game. Anyone here remember the Sailor Moon fighters? Those sure were bad... but boy that Sailor Moon:Another Story on SNES was pure awesomeness, it was a great rpg.

I dont like the SK anime much, but I like the manga quite a bit, so I might check out these games being made when the time comes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2