• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Death Note Film to Run in 300+ U.S. Theaters in May

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I think they made a mistake, and added two zeros too many. Rolling Eyes
Anyway, hopefully, it'll turn out better than that FUNimation/Manga anime "nation-wide" theatrical release.
Calculusman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Now if they would actually post the theater list as they're advertising the url everywhere now...
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Calculusman wrote:
Now if they would actually post the theater list as they're advertising the url everywhere now...

That would especially be helpful. Then people would probably actually make the time to go see it at locations closest and convenient for them.
braves

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote
From what I've heard these movies aren't that good, but I'll still go to see them if they're anywhere near where I live. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
x20mar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:37 pm Reply with quote
viking33

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I've seen both films and their good. The acting isn't the best but the shinigami look really sick.
jvowles
Otakon Representative

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
From what I've heard these movies aren't that good, but I'll still go to see them if they're anywhere near where I live. Very Happy

Haven't seen them yet, but they were both hugely successful in Japan -- so while I know that people will list commercially successful movies that still sucked, it's at least an indicator that people considered it worth seeing.
cloud1989

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I seen the first one way before viz even got there hands on it, I must say I hated it, it was very boring and severely lacking compared to the anime but what can you expect from live action remakes, I didn't even bother with the second one.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quote
cloud1989 wrote:
I seen the first one way before viz even got there hands on it, I must say I hated it, it was very boring and severely lacking compared to the anime but what can you expect from live action remakes, I didn't even bother with the second one.

It stays true to the manga for a while and then,Boom!Filler arc type ending.Ughhh!.lol,The noob fans are going to be pissed.
Orange_Popsicle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote
If these movies are airing anywhere near m (Which hopfully they will be) I'll definatly make the time to go see them.
Even if my friends have said they're not very good, I still want to see them, mainly because I'm such a big Death Note Fan.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quote
So which version will this be? I've heard conflicting reports saying the whole movie has been dubbed, and that only the trailer was dubbed, with the movie itself subbed. Which is it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zerokiryu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I really hope this will be playing somewhere near me. Death Note + movie theater = awesomeness IMO.

I thought both of the movies were pretty good. Yeah, they changed some stuff. But, all in all, I think they did a pretty good job of adapting the story.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I live near a major city so the probability it will be showing near me is high.

Man...but which are Fathom theaters? Sigh. I rather them give stuff like this the art house treatment. At least it would have a longer run then.
minakichan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I've already seen it and wasn't completely blown away, but I want to see it on the full screen, just because. But May 20-21? Wot?! Weekdays near the end of the school year, that sucks; I have exams! Turnout could be low even just because of that-- tons of people who would be interested in watching are still in school. Last time I checked, Death Note ran on Adult "Teenager" Swim.
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Great, the days it's showing are the days I'm visiting friends in CA before Fanime. No chance I'm getting to a theater then. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4