• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Un-Go Episodes 1-6 Streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:14 am Reply with quote
I was pretty disappointed in this series at first, but it's gotten better as it progresses. Episode five was interesting and well-done, episode six was even better (if only slightly) despite a few plot holes.

I just hope the second half keeps the up the momentum; with the show having finally found its feet, it would be a shame if it stumbled now.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:32 am Reply with quote
I started enjoying it more once Kazamori joined the cast - Inga is creepy rather than cute.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
neocloud9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:55 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm really digging this series - Inga's definitely what made it for me. Really glad it's been licensed, this is one I'd love to share with my friends.
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:07 am Reply with quote
Kazamori is adorable, especially in plushie form. And adds quite a bit of humour the show was lacking before he/she joined the main cast. I've found my interest in the show increasing as it's progressed, so great that Siren picked it up for streaming =)
vinamara

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:17 pm Reply with quote
The review opens with negatives and halfway through pulls out what makes Un-Go interesting and somewhat appealing. I too felt at first the cases were easy, but the last three episodes were really good and I am looking forward to more.

The best part is that Yuuki doesn't have any of those annoying catchphrases that anime detectives like to throw around when they've uncovered key points of the case. He doesn't use any cheap gimmickry to stamp his uniqueness.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1