• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Subscription

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maikeru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Is there any way to get a subscription to Anime News Network?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:40 am Reply with quote
You mean like a newsletter or something? If not then why would you want to subscribe to something that's free?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Maikeru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:56 am Reply with quote
yes, i mean a newsletter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Maikeru wrote:
yes, i mean a newsletter.

At present, we do not have an e-mail newsletter. We do have the RSS feed.

An e-mail newsletter would be nice, but at the moment we're focusing on other developments.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, if we did a newsletter, would you want just news, or other stuff, too?
phoelixian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:51 pm Reply with quote
After thinking about this, I just don't see what a newsletter emailed out to subscribers would do nor do better than what ANN provides now anyway. I couldn't think of anything that the newsletter would convey that you couldn't get from logging onto your website. ANN is very well organised and informative - I spend most of my time reading through for all info that is anime. A newsletter would seem superfluous.
Maikeru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Just news so I don't have to go to the site every day.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Maikeru wrote:
Just news so I don't have to go to the site every day.

bah, that's just silly. get a newsreader and use the rss feed. there's plenty out there.
rage-demon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:01 am Reply with quote
I also think that a newsletter would be pointless. All it would do is lower the number of people who visit the site. It's not that hard to just pop over here, check things out, and then continue doing something else.

... But then again, if the option for a pay version of ANN ever happens, then i could see the use for a newsletter. That way those who pay could get notified about the exclusive offers they would get.
sun007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:51 am Reply with quote
phoelixian wrote:
After thinking about this, I just don't see what a newsletter emailed out to subscribers would do nor do better than what ANN provides now anyway. I couldn't think of anything that the newsletter would convey that you couldn't get from logging onto your website. ANN is very well organised and informative - I spend most of my time reading through for all info that is anime. A newsletter would seem superfluous.

I agree completely. I check this website everyday for new news in the anime world. A newsletter would indeed be pointless, even if a pay version of ANN ever came out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1