• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - The Way the Page Turns

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I hope this new column doesn't become another shojo fest like pass column when almost every shoujo title get "buy it" treatment while other genre like sport, samurai, action goes into the "borrow it" column.

If the editor can continue with an open mind, I'm sure most guy can also enjoy this column as much as the shoujo fan. That's why the Shelf Life column is so well done.

I like how only the first volume is review. That's the best way since most reader want a good information on the first volume, and if they like it, they will likely continue buying the following volume.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:22 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
I hope this new column doesn't become another shojo fest like pass column when almost every shoujo title get "buy it" treatment while other genre like sport, samurai, action goes into the "borrow it" column.

I actually don't remember that being the case with the last person in charge of the column. Besides, it's just a known fact that shoujo DOES usually have more story then you'll find in shonen manga, and that the majority of manga out here is shoujo. Don't get your underware all twisted up because you think the reviewer is being sexist. Shoujo manga can be for guys too, and there's crap in all genres. Anyway, with 5 shonen manga, 2 shoujo manga, and 1 manga that's in the middle from the column, I think you have little to worry about in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1