• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magazine Z, Comi Di Gi+ Manga Mags Ending in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:18 am Reply with quote
That is a shocker right there. I hope they will be able to find somebody to pick up those titles running in the magazine right now.
Teuvan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I see a whole lot of crappy anime-to-manga adaptations, and very few decent titles. As they say, nothing of value was lost.
irishninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quote
It's always unfortunate when a magazine folds, as that leaves its editorial staff scrambling for their next gig.

It seems that the manga publication world is shrinking, and in reality that's probably okay. There seems to be a glut. Quality serials will undoubtedly find other homes. Less quality ones... well... *shrug*
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Digital entertainments are replacing the old analog pastimes. No longer the scenes of Japanese commuters all busy holding manga. There are many other portable alternatives now.

(Wouldn't it be funny if the Japanese are reading free fan-scanned manga with zoomed panels on their cellphones instead? Laughing )
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Teuvan wrote:
I see a whole lot of crappy anime-to-manga adaptations, and very few decent titles. As they say, nothing of value was lost.

If it'll help Psychic Academy, Le Portrait de Petit Cossette, King of Bandit Jing, Q-Ko-Chan: The Earth Invader Girl, Demon Lord Dante, Pugyuru and Magi Kano were serialized in Magazine Z, THIS SUCKS, I was going to submit a one shot manga to Magazine Z, and Comic Digi+, Well, there's Young King Ours, Ultra JUMP, Dragon Magazine, Magazine SPECIAL, Afternoon, Comic BEAM LaLa, Asuka, and numerous other less mainstream manga magazines
kirbyboy102

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 am Reply with quote
I didn't know those magazines...

But crap! I hope Koi Cupid finds a new home... It was in ComiDigi+. Maybe another broccoli-owned magazine? I mean, they have it published in english, so it's good enough to liscense, so why would they end it? Question Unless I'm stupid and they already did...
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quote
I remember reading Psychic Academy, and it was alright. I really didn't like the ending. There has been a couple of other titles that I thought were interesting from that magazine that really didn't make it over here. It's still unfortunate that they're folding.
AkashicLibrarian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:12 pm Reply with quote
kirbyboy102 wrote:
But crap! I hope Koi Cupid finds a new home...

I just got my monthly box from Amazon with Comi Di Gi+ v.15 and...

MuwaaaaaaaaaahhhH!!! Anime cry Anime cry Anime cry

Absolutely EVERY series in the magazine ends. Koi Cupid finishes at 5 volumes. Galaxy Angel 3rd at 6 volumes. etc... The last volume of all the series are being mass released on October 21st.

Two other tidbits advertised are December releases for:
Koge Donbo*'s Choccola 2008 art book;
A new Kanan Artbook. (100% GA3rd-injected, o'course)
Is this possibly the end of the Galaxy Angel franchise?! Crying or Very sad

My bi-monthly dose of guaranteed kawaii/moe/honobono dons a halo and flys away...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1