• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Recorder to Randoseru (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Recorder to Randoseru

Having just watched the first episode I really do not know what to say about this. I mean it is only three minutes long so it is a decent time killer, but the joke with spoiler[Atsushi showing the girl Hina his scarf but done in a way to make it look like he was getting flashed then arrested because he looks like an adult] could be seen a mile away.

I enjoyed the voice acting, but everything was nothing impressive at all nor ground breaking.

It is a time killer pure and simple. I am not sure that I am going to follow it on a consistent basis. Maybe I will watch it during my lunch breaks or when I am eating just to give me something to do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh I didn't expect this to be 3 minutes. Oh well it seemed nice and it looks like it will be a decent time killer. Interesting concept of a young looking teenage girl and adult looking elemantary school kid. The spoiler[pedo joke in the end was funny]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
This is the second time that a show I was most looking forward to in a season turned out to be a few minute short. Well it was entertaining, and it won't take up a lot of time to watch.

That one bit reminded me of Mitsudomoe.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:35 pm Reply with quote
I do like how they were connecting it with last season's 3-minute gag show with the little Moritasan wa Mukuchi cameo... although Morita running off like that was a bit out of character.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote
So the 3rd season is now airing and my God what happened? It looks horrible now.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote
just like Sparrow's Hotel
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
So the 3rd season is now airing and my God what happened? It looks horrible now.

I bitched about this in the summer preview thread. I have no idea why they needed to change the character designs but I don't like it. Plus the editing and direction is kind of wonky, too. Bizarre.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Did you guys notice the promotional "Episode 0"? It's on CR and explains it a little. Apparently this version resembles the art of the original more.

Not sure that's an excuse though. So the original has flat and very two dimensional art... it's a friggin four-panel comic! You're an animated show- dare to improve on it!
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Has Atsushi been arrested once during the third season yet? Surprised
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Has Atsushi been arrested once during the third season yet? Surprised

sorta. the cops were called because he was chasing his friends, but spoiler[they only took him to the station to introduce him to the new person and explain the situation]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:04 am Reply with quote
"yummy sticks" Anime smile + sweatdrop
Don't know if it is just my mind or what.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1