• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga Schedules Clannad and Clannad After Story in May and June

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninja noir

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:30 am Reply with quote
Ah, good to hear some more specific info on these releases. I will be definitely be picking up Clannad, Clannad After Story and Angel Beats.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I presume by the lateness of this release that Manga's desire to compete against R1 imports is still a strictly long-term goal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
I presume by the lateness of this release that Manga's desire to compete against R1 imports is still a strictly long-term goal.

With BD releases from Sentai, they can get away with it, since I think all their stuff has been locked to Region A.
DVD's though is a completely different matter. Most players are region free, so why wait months and months, paying double the price, when you can import quicker and cheaper?
Unfortunately they can never combat that.
yurixhentai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY, some news on Clannad. I have been waiting so long for an update on what they're currently doing with its release; this is one of the main reasons I check this website, as well as animeuknews, for hope that there will be some news regarding it - and here it is!

Brilliant! I hope they stick to it and don't decide to drop it when it comes closer to its release date.
gtmacc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I don't hold my breath on any blu ray announced from Manga, will probably import them when i get some money together.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1