• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hangry & Angry to Make U.S. Premiere at Sakura-Con 2009

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cardcaptormanda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:27 am Reply with quote
Wow, I can't believe it. This is probably hardly noteworthy news to most people, but I've been a big fan of Hello! Project for almost 5 years, and I never dreamed any of the members would do any live performances in the US, besides their occasional fanclub tours in Hawaii, so this is a big deal to me. H!P is over 10 years old now, and this will be the first time they'll be doing anything like this in the US. Shocked People within the H!P fan community have actually been having big arguments and debates for years over whether any of the members/groups will ever do any kind of live show here. Most people, including me, were pretty much thinking, "Sure, they definitely will. When hell freezes over," so this is really a surprise.

Anime cry But...Why does Seattle have to be so far away? Why couldn't they be performing at a con closer to me?! Anime cry
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quote
cardcaptormanda wrote:
Wow, I can't believe it. This is probably hardly noteworthy news to most people, but I've been a big fan of Hello! Project for almost 5 years, and I never dreamed any of the members would do any live performances in the US, besides their occasional fanclub tours in Hawaii, so this is a big deal to me. H!P is over 10 years old now, and this will be the first time they'll be doing anything like this in the US. Shocked People within the H!P fan community have actually been having big arguments and debates for years over whether any of the members/groups will ever do any kind of live show here. Most people, including me, were pretty much thinking, "Sure, they definitely will. When hell freezes over," so this is really a surprise.

Anime cry But...Why does Seattle have to be so far away? Why couldn't they be performing at a con closer to me?! Anime cry

Oh no D: Maybe an early birthday present coming your way? Sad Well, atleast you might be able to see their preformance on a youtube video? ^^
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quote
Hitomi is awesome
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:25 pm Reply with quote
I think this is only happening because HANGRY & ANGRY aren't an H!P unit. It'll be a bit different.

That said, I already bought my plane ticket, registered, and got a hotel room. I AM SO THERE. I saw Rika at a v-u-den concert in June and Yossie 3 times last year (an event, a play, and a musical), but getting to see them a lot more up close and personal in my own country is terrific.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1