ANN 15th Anniversary - Win A Trip to Japan!October 10, 2013
Anime News Network is turning 15 this year, and we want to celebrate by giving readers the chance to win a trip to Japan! This contest will run all summer long, with several chances to enter and win, and at the end, we'll draw a name and one lucky person will jet off to Japan for a guided adventure with our friends at PacSet Tours! The best part is, there are several tours to choose from, so if you've ever wanted to go to Japan, this might be your chance.
How to EnterHere's the deal. You could have potentially up to eight (8) chances to win, but everyone will have at least four (4) chances. ANN will be hosting 8 scavenger hunts—4 at anime conventions this summer: Anime Expo, Otakon, Japan Expo USA, and New York Comic Con; and 4 online in our accompanying convention coverage.
For the online scavenger hunts, all you need is a cookie-enabled browser. To play the on-site convention scavenger hunts, you must have a web-enabled smartphone that is capable of reading QR codes (a quick search for QR Reader in your smartphone app store should pull up plenty of free options!).
Each entry will require 5 codes. For the web scavenger hunts, the 5 codes will be scattered throughout our corresponding convention coverage as a link to click on. If cookies are enabled on your browser, it should store all the codes in your entry form; upon completion, you will be able to submit your name, contact information, and entry.
The New York Comic Con entry will be a stamp rally. Please go to the corresponding contest webpage for more details.
Available scavenger hunts:
The PrizeOur pals at PacSet Tours offer several guided tours to Japan every year, ranging from pop culture tours (check out the Tokyo Game Show or the Neon Genesis Evangelion theme park!) to cultural tours (visit shrines and onsen!). We're offering one lucky reader the chance to travel to Japan on one of PacSet's 2014 tours. The winner can either select one of the tours listed below (basic package), or a voucher worth $2500 toward another 2014 tour (voucher paid directly to PacSet tours; voucher has no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash; no rainchecks. See rules and fine print.).
Available Tours: (Basic package only *)
- Animated Spring (3/17-3/28)
- Animated Summer (7/9-7/18)
- Gamer Heaven (9/16-9/25)
- Japan Holiday (12/9-12/18)
- OR $2500 credit towards another PacSet tour offered in 2014 (pending availability)
Rules & Fine Print
- ANN is not responsible for any reason the winner cannot redeem or is otherwise unable to attend the tour, including (but not limited to) sickness or medical condition(s), personal emergency, criminal record, lack of compliance with domestic or international travel regulations, disasters man-made or natural, or negligence on the part of the winner.
- ANN reserves the right to modify the rules of the contest for clarity or unforeseen problems.
- ANN will not use your name, number, or e-mail address for any purpose other than contacting the winner. All entries will be discarded at the end of the contest.
- Must be 18 years of age to enter.
- Only one entry per person, per contest. (Meaning, one entry for the "Anime Expo (Web)" contest, one entry for the "Anime Expo (On-site)" contest, etc. 8 entries maximum.) Each contest will have a unique set of codes. The deadline for each contest will be posted on that contest's individual page.
- Each entry requires a full name, a working email address, and a phone number.
- The winner will be announced and contacted by email on October 20, 2013. If a confirmation is not received within one week, another name will be drawn.
- A passport is not required at the time of entry, but it is the winner's responsibility to have a valid passport by the time of travel departure.
- The name given in the contest entry MUST match the name on your passport.
- The prize is not transferable.
- The prize is valid only for one of the tours listed. No rain checks will be given. If you cannot attend one of the tours listed, your prize will be forfeited.
- If the winner selects the $2500 voucher option, that voucher will be coordinated directly between Anime News Network and PacSet Tours, and the winner will be expected to pay the remaining balance in full before the tour. The $2500 has no cash value, and cannot be redeemed for cash. The voucher is only good for tours in 2014.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- All tours depart and return to/from Los Angeles International Airport on the date and time specific for each tour. The winner is solely responsible for travel arrangements to/from LAX.
- The prize includes only the base price for each tour. Any add-ons or additional expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
discuss this in the forum (77 posts) |
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history