• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Newly Founded Company Uses Pokémon for Education

posted on by Christopher Macdonald
The Pokémon Learning Company aims to Improve Children's Computer and Communication Skills

The Pokémon Company and NEC have announced a new company, "The Pokémon Learning Company" for the development of an educational service for computers using Pokémon characters.

Capitalizing on Pokémon's popularity and charm, while using NEC programs such as Biglobe, The Pokémon Learning Company aims to help children improve their computer skills and media communication abilities. The program will be offered via the Internet.

They aim to have the program's teaching material approved by the Personal Computer Examination Association, responsible for the Personal & Professional Computing Skills Test. The software is aimed at a broad audience, from primary school children with low grades up to high school kids. They aim to acquire 35,000 subscribers in their first year.

The Pokémon Learning Company was founded on March 1st with a capital stock of 130 million yen US$1.24 million). 81% of the investment came from The Pokémon Company, with he remaining 19% from NEC.

discuss this in the forum (6 posts) |
bookmark/share with: short url

News homepage / archives