News Bandai Visual Launches Free Magazine Website in Japan
posted on 2009-02-02 03:59 EST
The anime distributor Bandai Visual has launched a free Japanese magazine website called Yomban on Monday. The magazine offers original manga, novels, and essays aimed at one of Bandai Visual's core target audiences: males in their 20s.
As of February, the lineup includes:
- Ontama. by Mutsumi Sasaki (Happy Lesson)
- Bukatsu Shōjo Yū by AM-DVL (Original story by Trigun character designer Takahiro "Something" Yoshimatsu)
- Miss Maverick ni wa Sakarau na by Mizuki Sakakibara (in cooperation with Dance In The Vampire Bund creator Nozomu Tamaki)
- Band Yarō-ze! by Sokra Tesla (Original story by musician Porche Okite)
- Gachapokke by Daisuke Arakubo
- Garettoderowa ~Jo-ō Heika no Kashi Shokunin~ by Rami Hato
- Kaze to Tanpopo ~Wakusei-kan Monogatari~ by Banner of the Stars author Hiroyuki Morioka (characters: Sachiko Kōno, mechanic: Bakugan Battle Brawlers' Susumu Imaishi)
- Blood*Arm by Takahiro Ōkura (illustrated by Hitoshi Yoneda)
- Splash Zone ~Rakka no Jikū~ by Stellvia's Tatsuo Sato (illustrated by Gainax, Ryōta Hayatsu)
- Sekka Sange-roku by Alika Takarano
- Momōi no Oto by singer/actress Halko Momoi
- Cover calendar by Okama (February), Jun Suemi (March)
- Readers' illustration corner by Kakban
- Editorial staff blog from Aomono-yokochō (a train station in western Tokyo)
Update: Yomban will add a novel written by Tō Enjō and illustrated by iqu in March.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history
Available Now: Attack on Titan: No Regrets Deluxe Edition - Shiver - Splatoon - Astra Lost in Space - Neo Parasyte M - In This Corner of the World - Polar Bear in Love - ACCA - Spirit Circle - Forbidden Scrollery - Card Captor Sakura: Clear Card - and much more! ― Welcome to Anime News Network's Fa...