Fafner Exodus Sequel Delayed Until Winter
posted on by Egan Loo
The stage event for anime studio XEBEC zwei's upcoming Fafner sequel, Sōkyū no Fafner: Dead Aggressor: Exodus, announced at AnimeJapan on Sunday that the anime will premiere on television next January. It will also have advance screenings in theaters starting this December. The first series will re-run on Tokyo MX TV starting this April.
The anime's website had announced last December that it will debut this fall.
The planned 26-episode television anime is set in the year 2151, two and a half years after the film Sōkyū no Fafner: Dead Aggressor: Heaven and Earth. The 10th-anniversary project will reunite the main staff from the first Fafner television series, including director Nobuyoshi Habara at XEBEC zwei and Xebec. Tow Ubukata is writing the project, and King Records' Gou Nakanishi is a producer.
The main staff list includes:
- Original Creator: Xebec
- Producer: Gou Nakanishi
- Screenplay: Tow Ubukata
- Character Design: Hisashi Hirai
- Mechanical design: Naohiro Washio
- 3D CG Director: Eiji Inomoto
- Director of Photography: Takashi Aoki
- Sound Director:Masafumi Mima
- Music: Tsuneyoshi Saito
- Theme Song Performance: angela
- Director: Nobuyoshi Habara
- Animation Production: XEBEC zwei
- Chief Director: Takashi Noto
Thanks to Rachel S. for the news tip
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history