AnimeLab launches Android App
posted on 2014-10-22 21:09 EDT by Jon Hayward
AnimeLab for Android is a mobile and tablet application with access to the full suite of shows on AnimeLab.com and chromecast functionality. If you would like to visit the Google Play listing for AnimeLab and potentially install the app please click here. AnimeLab for Android is free to download.
The app should work on most Android devices (phones, tablets and phablets) and requires at least Android 4.0 (Ice-Cream Sandwich) to install. The comments on both the Google Play listing and both facebook posts imply that a small number of users have had problems logging into the website and running the application. If you do experience any problems please visit AnimeLab.com in browser and leave feedback concerning your issue (click on the small red paper-plane in the bottom right-hand corner), if possible leaving what device and version of the android operating system you are using.
Animelab currently plans multiple applications for the service with a iOS version currently in development but the release schedule for further applications is currently unknown. However AnimeLab.com works in most browsers on Android, iOS, OSX and Windows and if you access the site using the Chrome browser and have a Chromecast dongle attached to your TV you can stream direct to the screen.
And if you would like to know when AnimeLab uploads the latest episodes for simulcast, the schedule is (currently) as follows;
- Monday: Girl Friend Beta [news announcement - AnimeLab link]
- Tuesday: When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace [news announcement - AnimeLab link]
- Wednesday: Trinity Seven [AnimeLab link]
- Friday: Gundam: Reconguista in G [news announcement - AnimeLab link]
- Friday: Your Lie in April [AnimeLab link not yet available]
- Saturday: Garo: The Animation [news announcement - AnimeLab link]
- Sunday: Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works TV [news announcement - AnimeLab link]
- Sunday: Cross Ange: Rondo of Angels and Dragons [news announcement - AnimeLab link]