News Funimation Posts The Empire of Corpses Film's English Dub Cast With Trailer
posted on 2016-04-07 03:00 EDT
Funimation also revealed the film's English dub cast. The cast, under ADR director and scriptwriter Mike McFarland, assistant ADR scriptwriter J. Michael Tatum, ADR engineer Peter Hawkinson, English dialect adviser Kit Buss, and Russian dialect adviser Lauren Conn, includes:
- Jason Liebrecht as John Watson
- J. Michael Tatum as Frederick Barnaby
- Morgan Garrett as Hadaly Lilith
- Sean Hennigan as M
- R Bruce Elliott as The One
- Mike McFarland as Aleksei
- Micah Solusod as Nikolai
- Kenny Green as Yamazawa
- Todd Haberkorn as Friday
- Greg Dulcie as Grant
Funimation describes the story:
From the studio that produced Attack on Titan comes a captivating historical action thriller based on an award-winning novel by Project Itoh. In an alternate version of 19th century London, the world has been revolutionized by “corpse reanimation technology” creating armies of undead who serve the living as laborers across the globe.
In an attempt to revive his dearly departed friend, young medical student John Watson becomes obsessed with replicating the work of Dr. Victor Frankenstein—the legendary corpse engineer whose research produced the only re-animated corpse to possess a soul. But when his illegal experiments put him at odds with the British government, Watson is drafted into a worldwide race to find the lost research notes of Victor Frankenstein before the secrets of the human soul fall into the wrong hands.
The film's Japanese cast stars:
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as John H. Watson, a medical student at the University of London
- Ayumu Murase as Friday, also known as Noble_Savage_007
- Taiten Kusunoki as Frederick Barnaby, a captain in Great Britain's army
- Daiki Yamashita as Nikolai Krasotkin, a young man from Russia's Third Department of His Imperial Majesty's Own Chancellery
- Shinichiro Miki as Alexei Karamazov, a Russian priest
- Kana Hanazawa as Hadaly Lilith, the president's secretary from America
- Akio Ohtsuka as M, commander of Great Britain's "Walsingham Organization"
The Empire of Corpses opened in theaters in Japan last October. Funimation will release the film and two more films based on Project Itoh novels — Harmony and Genocidal Organ — in North America. However, Genocidal Organ has been delayed as its animation production shifted from the bankrupt Manglobe studio to the new Geno Studio.
Each novel film adaptation is from a different director and studio. Shukou Murase (Witch Hunter Robin, Gangsta., Ergo Proxy) is directing Genocidal Organ at formerly Manglobe (The Unlimited - Hyōbu Kyōsuke, House of Five Leaves) and now at Geno Studio, Takashi Nakamura (Fantastic Children) and Michael Arias (Tekkonkinkreet) directed Harmony at Studio 4°C (Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King, Tweeny Witches), and Ryoutarou Makihara directed The Empire of Corpses at WIT STUDIO (Attack on Titan, Hōzuki no Reitetsu). EGOIST (Psycho-Pass, Guilty Crown) performed theme songs for all three films.