Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan Omnibus Anime's Trailer Reveals 12 Voices of Ekoda-chan
posted on by Karen Ressler
The official website for the television anime adaptation of Yukari Takinami's four-panel comedy manga Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan debuted a promotional video announcing the cast members for the title character Ekoda-chan on Monday. The anime will be made in an omnibus format, with each episode having a different director, character designer, voice actors, and animation studio.
The actors playing Ekoda-chan, along with the directors working the same episodes, are (in the order of the video above):
- Romi Park, working with director Gisaburō Sugii (Touch, Arashi no Yoru ni, Night on the Galactic Railroad)
- Haruka Ishida, working with director Akitarō Daichi (Kodocha, Fruits Basket)
- Chiemi Chiba, working with director Tomomi Mochizuki (Twin Spica, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou: Quiet Country Cafe)
- Yuiko Tatsumi, working with director Akira Shigino (Osomatsu-kun)
- Suzuko Mimori, working with director Ryousuke Takahashi (Votoms, Dougram, FLAG)
- Rumi Shishido, working with director Yoshitomo Yonetani (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma)
- Ami Koshimizu, working with director Takeo Takahashi (Spice and Wolf, Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers)
- Megumi Koshōji, working with director Osamu Kobayashi (BECK)
- Mika Doi, working with director Shin Misawa (Capeta)
- Mariya Ise, working with director Masayuki Kojima (Made in Abyss, Monster)
- Tamurapan, working with director Koji Morimoto (Magnetic Rose, Dimension Bomb)
- Ai Kobayashi, working with director Hiroshi Nagahama (Mushi-Shi)
In addition, the website announced the different ending song artists for the first four episodes:
- Shuzu (music by OSTER project)
- Sho Hayami (music by Yashikin)
- Araki (music by Kairiki bear
- Ren Ozawa with Egota (music by yamazo)
The anime premiered on Tokyo MX on Tuesday night in Japan, and will also air on AT-X. The first episode featured Akitarō Daichi and Haruka Ishida. The episode itself was three and a half minutes long, and the rest of the show's 26-minute runtime was an discussion with Daichi and Ishida, as well as a drawing video.
Crunchyroll describes the story:
Ekoda-chan is from the countryside, living alone in the city. She's a temp worker and a strong, carefree soul, with no solid plan for the future, who doesn't care much about guys. She talks about how she lives her life and provides support to all those women trying to survive in the real life society.