Konami Digital Entertainment Inc Premieres Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series in Latin America
Mexico City to Host First-Ever Event November 13th and 14th
MEXICO CITY, MX (September 21, 2010) – Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (Konami) is thrilled to announce the first Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series (YCS) event to be held in Latin America. Following the successful debut of this flagship event earlier this year throughout Canada and the United States, Mexico City will play host to the YCS on November 13th and 14th.
This premier Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) event gives hundreds of competitive Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Duelists and aspiring champions the chance to match their skills against each other, receive amazing prize cards and earn the title of YCS Champion. The Mexico City event is the latest addition to Konami's global YCS program which includes hosting these celebrated tournaments in North America and Europe.
Conveniently located in the heart of Mexico City, Expo-Reforma will be host to the weekend-long series of tournaments and other Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG and video game related activities. Starting promptly at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 13th, the YCS registration gets underway and Round One will begin at 10:00 a.m. The Top 16 YCS finishers, along with the top Duelists of the Sunday Regional Qualifiers, earn invitations to participate in their respective 2011 World Championship Qualifier events, to be held next year!
To commemorate the launch the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Latin America, Konami will award three different prize cards to the winner, as well as to each of the two runners-up and the two winners of the Sunday Public Event playoffs. Each of these Duelists will receive one copy of each of the three prize cards: Ultra Rare versions for the winner of the main event, and Super Rare copies for the others.
Duelists, upon paying their registration fee, will receive five Duelist Revolution booster packs just for participating in Konami's Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series.
• 1st place – Set of Ultra Rare YCS Prize Cards; Trophy; Paid travel to their World Championship Qualifier (if underage, then winner and guardian) or a local-market YCS (flight and accommodations) if the Duelist has already won an earlier YCS in the current year; YCS Game Mat; Netbook plus 500 BoosterPass Points for Yu-Gi-Oh! Online Duel Accelerator; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 2nd place – Set of Super Rare YCS Prize Cards; iPad Wi-Fi 32 GB; Konami iPhone game codes to be used on the iPad; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 3rd place – Set of Super Rare YCS Prize Cards; 32GB iPod Touch; Konami iPhone game codes to be used on the iPod Touch; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 4th place –32GB iPod Touch; Konami iPhone game codes to be used on the iPod Touch; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 5th – 8th place – DSi XL with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia ; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 9th – 16th place – 24 booster packs of Duelist Revolution; Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 17th – 32nd place – YCS Game Mat and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
*Please note prizing subject to change.
Expo-Reforma Mexico City Canaco
Sociales, 6th Floor
Av. Morelos 67 Col. Juarez
06600 Mexico D.F.
For more information on Konami, Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME or the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series, please visit www.yugioh-card.com.
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 22 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI's software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 22 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany. KONAMI CORPORATION is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.konami.com.
KONAMI is a registered trademark of KONAMI CORPORATION.
discuss this in the forum (1 post) |