• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Visual Novel Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garfield15

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:07 pm Reply with quote
The generic moe-design with the angel wings combined with that director is not instantly wowing me.
Splitter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Well, this doesn't sound lackluster at all Rolling Eyes
Cloud668

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Yes!! This just made my day Very Happy
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Is this the game where everyone said that the illustrator basically used the same faces/heads and postures for every girl only having their eyes and hair style/color different?
Also, it doesn't surprise me that there not using the original seiyuu from the game, anime companies almost always never do since I hear it has something to do with them not wanting to deal with a seiyuu who has worked on eroge (having worked on ero scenes). From my perspective it seems as if there are no longer "pure" or not good "enough" just because they worked on ero scenes in a game, which makes no sense imo.
Cloud668

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
it doesn't surprise me that there not using the original seiyuu from the game

They are the using the original seiyuu, though (well, some of them, at least). It's just, you know,
spoiler[They use pseudonym when voicing eroge.]
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:58 pm Reply with quote
You know, at first it was the bland all-look-exactly-the-same-but-with-different-hear-color character designs coupled with wings and dewy-eyed expressions that turned me off, but then I noticed this will be directed by the same guy who did Straight Jacket, which apart from its visuals was a total POS. So my prediction is that it will be very pretty but otherwise awful.

I do love that the writer for this article used the term "spawn" to describe the creation of this series, though. Laughing
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:59 pm Reply with quote
I'll pass on Shuffle, but with Wings instead of Horns or Elf Ears!
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
that director is not instantly wowing me.

Yeah, having seen all of Omamori Himari and about half of Shukufuku no Campanella, I think I feel the same way. Both of them were rather uninteresting and forgettable to me.

Cloud668 wrote:

They are the using the original seiyuu, though (well, some of them, at least). It's just, you know,
spoiler[They use pseudonym when voicing eroge.]

That is correct. Checking here, everyone on that anime cast list is really the same as the original game. It's very common for eroge-based anime to retain the original's cast, maybe even more so in recent years.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:35 am Reply with quote
Huh, maybe I'm mixing this up with something else but I vaguely remember the premise of the game involving the MC having DID and this has a major effect on his interactions with the other characters...

I say this because, I believe the visuals and whatnot of the game were very misleading. Then someone explained the concept and I thought it was REALLY good in retrospect.

But again, I may be mixing this game up with something else, I'm 50/50 on this. And for all I know, I may have been lied to.

But if I'm right and have accurately described the project, I'm totally gonna be psyched for this. Would be nice to see some more 'genuine' psychological problem/illness focused shows out there and with really only one show tackling that (in treatment handling therapy through psychology and US of Tara being a mix of an information piece and a nice dramedie) someone like me is always dying for more.

If not, I'll still check it out. At least things probably shouldn't suck for this as hard as they did for Shuffle!'s anime adaptation.

EDIT: HOT DAMN, I WAS RIGHT!

(POTENTIALLY NSFW, not sure)http://accany.wordpress.com/2009/03/14/俺たちに翼はない-review/

Quote:
The story this time round, is about a guy with Schizophrenia… And a very bad case of it. He doesn’t just have 2 or 3 personalities. Won’t tell you how many he has or it’ll spoil the story. In any case, he has 3 that is being used in his daily life. One in the morning for school. One in the evening. One at night. All of them meeting different people and living in the different “sides” of the city (eg. the night personality lives in the dark side of the city). All of the personalities know of each others existence. But since the real personality doesn’t want to meet reality due to some circumstances, that’s why the other personalities are created and taking care of the body for him.

Okay, so whether it's DID or schizophrenia doesn't matter to me, albeit since he has different personalities, it's probably DID/MPD. I'm excited and cannot wait for this to premier. If it sucks, feel free to badger me for getting your guys hopes up but I recommend 'everyone' wait and see and give this a chance, it could be REALLY good. Sure, it's probably gonna be your typical 'drama' faire but at least it should be a good experience.

tl;dr Show's gonna be awesome, I'm looking forward to it.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:18 am Reply with quote
Don't go ragging on OreTsuba just because it shares staff with SHUFFLE!, it's a genuinely great game. It was one of the best reviewed eroge of its' year.

I will admit to being a bit concerned about the anime staff.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:28 am Reply with quote
Funny to see everyone jump on Oretsuba when all they know about it is the game's cover and one sentence plot summary.

Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Don't go ragging on OreTsuba just because it shares staff with SHUFFLE!, it's a genuinely great game. It was one of the best reviewed eroge of its' year.

Yeah, Oretsuba has an average of 87 out of 100 with 1148 votes at Erogamescape and was ranked 4th when 2ch voted for the best eroge of 2009. Sadly the quality of the game is often not reflected in the anime adaption.

I guess I will have to raise Oretsuba's rank in my eroge backlog, so I will have any chances to finish it before the anime starts (Oretsuba is long, longer than Clannad and almost as long as Fate/Stay Night).

ANN wrote:
Update 2: The January issue of Gakken's Megami Magazine is reporting on Tuesday that its readers can submit designs for the panties of Asuka and the other anime characters.
Laughing
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:

I will admit to being a bit concerned about the anime staff.

Well, I guess it may be slightly unfair to be overly concerned (a bit concerned is more like it), since it's possible Shinji Ushiro hasn't had good material to adapt and this would be an exception from the rest. He hasn't been a director of TV anime for that long, at least.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Sounds excellent. Some may claim that this design is generic moeblob, but I find it rather distinctive. At least I can't think of anything besides Shuffle! when I look at it.
I'm particularly interested in this one. I just wonder what I'd be like to have a harem anime where all the heroines are yandere (of course, I'd be drooling thoroughly, but). "Thus, the protagonist's head was burnt, legs sliced, hands smashed, torso dissolved in carborane superacid, and external organ eaten alive." Awesome~
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:37 pm Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
Sadly the quality of the game is often not reflected in the anime adaption.

And that's what you have to remember here: it's the director that's turning our stomachs too, the guys done nothing good so far, it's not likely to change for a series that knows its fans will buy it anyway, regardless of quality.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Sounds excellent. Some may claim that this design is generic moeblob, but I find it rather distinctive. At least I can't think of anything besides Shuffle! when I look at it.
I'm particularly interested in this one. I just wonder what I'd be like to have a harem anime where all the heroines are yandere (of course, I'd be drooling thoroughly, but). "Thus, the protagonist's head was burnt, legs sliced, hands smashed, torso dissolved in carborane superacid, and external organ eaten alive." Awesome~

They pop that idea around every few months in /a/, it's quite an amusing topic and honestly, one that could be a mixture of a fanservice heavy show but also significantly unique.

I mean, yes it would borderline on the psychological horror type of show, but Mirai Nikki's shown that a yandere character as a lead can work well if handled properly. Granted, that series has currently entered an 'epic' scale at the moment (And I cannot wait to see how it ends) AND it's not exactly focused on just the yandere character...

But proper writing, making the characters have varying levels of that behavior type (slight possessive and clingy to desperately unable to leave the presence of the MC) and making sure the show has an interesting premise outside of 'Dude's got crazy bitches in love with him, WHAT HIJINKS WILL THEY GET INTO?!' and more like, as said before, borderline psychological horror/dark themed show.

And it should start out as such from the get go. No comedy though, that would just kill the tense and serious feel of it.

...We should seriously discuss the idea in detail sometime? Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1