• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yankee-kun to Megane-chan School Manga Ends on May 18

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minirop

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:55 am Reply with quote
you don't say it, but the 23rd should be the last volume. if she doesn't do like Hiromu Arakawa with extra long final chapters.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I've been reading the manga for several years and I also know what is happening in the latest chapters as well.

That said, I know why the manga is ending now instead of later.

It's an excellent manga and although it's a school themed manga, it is never predictable. You never know what is going to happen next, unless of course you read ahead or other sources of information.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:53 pm Reply with quote
This is gonna make me cry, It deserves to be way longer. If it's ending I better see an anime adaption soon. I read on the Fairy Tail website for the new OVA that's gonna come out next month about a character or characters that are going to appear in the OVA that weren't part of the Original Manga Work.

This series has made me laugh so many times, again I wish it didn't have to end.
lys

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Ohh, 23 volumes! That sounds fairly reasonable... Enough that I would consider picking it up if it were licensed, anyway (although it still may be a little long for publishers to consider with the current market?). I just can't do 40-50+ volume series...
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:26 pm Reply with quote
23? That sounds like a pretty good run. I was thinking of checking this out, knowing it has an ending definately adds a point in it's favor. Though if it's really that good, I'm sure I'll be less thrilled when I get up to the end and want more Wink
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quote
I love this manga and i hope it gets an anime adaptation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1