• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hayate, Negima Films Double-Billed on August 27

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I have no reaction other then HECK YA BOTH MY FAV ANIME ARE BEING SHOWN TOGETHER ON THE SAME DAY.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Is that really the end of Negima? Things like this tend to go on forever.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quote
It's the last bit of anime they plan on doing. The magic world arc is far from over in the manga.

From my understanding the movie is going to cover the Raken vs Negi fight to finish that part of the arc that the OVDs started.
Shuichi

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Someone likes Berlinda Carlisle.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:33 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
It's the last bit of anime they plan on doing. The magic world arc is far from over in the manga.

spoiler[Seems like the Magic World arc is actually coming to a close. How can there be any more?]
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
ninjapet wrote:

spoiler[Seems like the Magic World arc is actually coming to a close. How can there be any more?]

Because Ken takes breaks every other week and there's a whole fight on the sidelines that hasn't been touched in who knows how long. (It's been like two volumes since the Setsuna fight was even brought up)
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Asrialys wrote:
ninjapet wrote:

Because Ken takes breaks every other week and there's a whole fight on the sidelines that hasn't been touched in who knows how long. (It's been like two volumes since the Setsuna fight was even brought up)

What do you consider "far from over". There may be two other fights going on, but since everyone's on the clock, I doubt there's going to be a bunch of chapters dedicated to something relatively insignificant to the chaos that's going on. As awesome as it would be to see chapters dedicated to those fights, Ken Akamatsu must focus on the plot at hand. As long as those fights remain in their isolated areas, it's doubtful we'll see much away from Negi.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Far from over I mean it's going to take till the end of the year for the arc to be finished.

:/ I kinda want the arc to end, I'm kinda sick of it, I mean it just seems like it's taking forever for anything to happen sometimes.
TnAdct1

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:55 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

From my understanding the movie is going to cover the Raken vs Negi fight to finish that part of the arc that the OVDs started.

Actually, I think the film is going to cover up to the end of the Magic World arc.

As for the Raken vs. Negi fight, even if the Hayate movie is a short one, I personally feel that it's going to be cut from the film on the account that it's not really necessary for the movie version spoiler[(Asuna being replaced by an imposter and the fancy party that Negi's crew attends] on the otherhand...).
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:28 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Far from over I mean it's going to take till the end of the year for the arc to be finished.

:/ I kinda want the arc to end, I'm kinda sick of it, I mean it just seems like it's taking forever for anything to happen sometimes.

I say it'll be done be September at the latest. Even at the pace Akamatsu's been going recently (about a chapter every other week), I can't imagine it going to the end of the year. I mean, they're in the middle of the final fight for the arc, and spoiler[they're even back at Mahora already, so they don't even have to deal with getting home anymore.]
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Super pumped for the Hayate movie, hope that the third season comes soon!
mad mac

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:09 am Reply with quote
I'm in a giving mood, so I'll link you guys the official site for the Hayate movie. Cool

http://www.hayate-project.com/

(Japanese only, but it has the official movie poster among other things.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1