• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!! Refused by Chūkyō TV Station

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:17 am Reply with quote
Sucks for Nagoya residents. I wonder what was the rationale for that station. In any case:
Quote:
.. and urged them to get the satellite and cable channel AT-X to watch the program.

The same advice would still be applicable for even those watching through other stations though Wink
Scormio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I was only midly interested in this show before, but now I'm definitely going to watch it.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Sucks for Nagoya residents. I wonder what was the rationale for that station. In any case:
Quote:
.. and urged them to get the satellite and cable channel AT-X to watch the program.

The same advice would still be applicable for even those watching through other stations though Wink

AT-X....enough said. AT-X is the one station that broadcasts anime in an "uncensored" format relative to other stations. With that and given that Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai is an action eroge, it means either the series has excessive violence (doubtful) or way over the top ecchi...exceeding that of Qwaser, Manyuu Hikenchou, and Queen's Blade (or simply lolis involved). I'm betting on the latter especially given the visual novel's relation to Tsuyokiss, Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de, and to some extent Baldr Sky DiveX "Dream World". While the latter game is more action oriented there were a number of questionable loli-like scenes involved.
Annf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Wouldn't surprise me if was just negotiations on the price of the timeslot breaking down, and the producers decided to spin it as "too hot for TV."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1