• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madoka Magica Wins 12 of 21 Newtype Anime Awards

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HockeyKamen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Re: the Male and Female Character winners - I wonder if their seiyuu accepted their awards with speeches in chara. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Love PMMM, it's worthy of its rewards. But what really spikes my interest is that Okabe won lead male!

Okarin!

EL PSY CONGROO!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:19 pm Reply with quote
deserved
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:45 pm Reply with quote
No love for Magia Sad Connect is an alright song but after the third episode of Madoka the theme song just doesn't fit the series much either. Granted the lyrics make perfect sense after the finale.
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Ah, voted by internet users. That explains a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ushio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote
The second best selling TV series since the year 2000 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica dominates, no surprises there then.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Yuki_Kun45 wrote:
No love for Magia Sad Connect is an alright song but after the third episode of Madoka the theme song just doesn't fit the series much either. Granted the lyrics make perfect sense after the finale.

Well, like the beginning of the series, it is kind of a troll opening.
"Hey, look at this cute magical girl! Now look at this apocalypse!"

I hope the blurays come over here to NA soon. It is definitely a show worth having on your shelf.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Miyano was pretty darn good as Okabe, but I think Hirata should have won the category with his superb portrayal of Kotetsu from Tiger & Bunny. But hey, both were great, I'm happy that even though my first-choice didn't win my second choice did.

I laughed when I saw Kyubey.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica has been a massive hit commercially and in the amount of buzz; it is fourth in all-time sales behind Bakemonogatari, Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny. That's pretty darn good if you ask me. And I believe PMMM deserves all the accolades - financially and in polls like this - it can get.

This is the sort of Anime that I watch Anime for. Lesser series are like snacks, keeping me chugging along between five-course meals such as this one.

Last edited by dtm42 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Yuki_Kun45 wrote:

Magia's full version was pretty bad. Probably what drove the votes down if you ask me. The TV version was good though. Connect, on the other hand was solid both ways. Also, ClariS FTW!
angieness

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I agree with most of it and feel Madoka definitely deserved most of the awards. But I have to disagree with the theme song and character designs. I hated Madoka's theme song and skipped it every time. The character designs were initially responsible for my not wanting to check out the show. The witches were amazing looking and I liked the outfit designs, but the characters' faces really bothered me because they had the ultra wide face thing going on.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Dam I cant wait to get Madoka Magica why can they release it in the US now
Djisas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:08 am Reply with quote
angieness wrote:
I agree with most of it and feel Madoka definitely deserved most of the awards. But I have to disagree with the theme song and character designs. I hated Madoka's theme song and skipped it every time. The character designs were initially responsible for my not wanting to check out the show. The witches were amazing looking and I liked the outfit designs, but the characters' faces really bothered me because they had the ultra wide face thing going on.

You seem not to have watched enough anime, or Hidamari Sketch for that matter, character design was very good, although artistically different from what normal anime viewers are used too...
I personally love Ume Aoki's work...
Myaow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote
I personally think that Madoka's character designs were really cute and I liked them, but I don't know if I'd say they were the best of the year. Rather, I was pretty impressed by how distinctive the Tiger and Bunny characters were designed and I might say that they were better than Madoka's? It's all pretty subjective, though.
AvenuIe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote
So this show rips off Kamen Rider Ryuki in just about every aspect and people hail it as this great work?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:55 pm Reply with quote
AvenuIe wrote:
So this show rips off Kamen Rider Ryuki in just about every aspect and people hail it as this great work?

This is one of the stupidest things I've read today. Thank goodness PMMM didn't do something as rehashed as mirror-dopplegangers.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3